Chapter 10 ✨

Recap: "Kakashi Wait!" I was about to step out of the village alongside Naruto but we paused to see what Iruka sensei is doing running up to us like that. "Kakashi, The hokage doesn't want Haru leaving the village. So i'm afraid she can't go on this mission." Iruka said not even looking at me once.

Wait what? I can't go on this mission? Why?!
______________________________

I stared at Kakashi helplessly. Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto can go on this mission. Why can't I?

He only shrugged and ruffled my hair. "Sorry kid, take this time we'll be away to practice then. And go talk to the hokage."

I frowned and looked back at Naruto Sasuke and Sakura who all seem as confused as I am.

"Hey wait why can't Haru-chan come! That's unfair!" Naruto yelled pointing at Iruka sensei.

Kakashi and Iruka looked at each other, I didn't miss the cringe they both got. "Haru just go talk to the hokage and let your team go." Iruka said patting my back and moving me along back into the village and away from my team.

I silently walked still speechless that this is happening.

Is he trying to keep me prisoner in here?! I noticed Iruka's taking me to the Hokage's office and I stopped walking earning a frown from Iruka.

"I don't want to talk to that lying old man." I muttered and Iruka shook his head. "You have to Haru, it's the rules of a village to respond to your hokage."

I bit my lip and glared at the ground as he forced me to walk into the hokage's building.

Why does being in a village suddenly seem like being in a prison?

••••••

One day, it's been one day since I locked myself in my apartment room. It's official, I really dislike the hokage.

Flashback
"Haru word has gone out that the child of  Luna and Yuudai Senju is still alive, I'm afraid it's too dangerous to let you out of the village."

"But gramps give me a break! Naruto gets to leave and he's a jinchuriki how does that make sense?"

He only sighed and took a puff of his pipe "Look Haru. When you're older you'll thank me for not letting you leave the village."

I glared at him and grit my teeth. "What's the point of training me to be a ninja if I can't leave this damned village?!"

"You aren't able to protect yourself at the moment, you aren't strong enough. I'll let you leave when I'm sure you can defend yourself."

And that's basically what happened yesterday when I realized how imprisoned I actually am.

Because of my. . . Incarceration, I've started looking at the village differently. As I would walk by villagers, I wouldn't stop smile and assist anyone in need. I would glare and 'tsk' whenever someone approached me. I don't know what's gotten into me.

It feels more like a prison cell than a village.

Yesterday when I was walking back home to my apartment complex I saw two Anbu watching me from afar, I sensed them everywhere when I got home.

So the old man has me under surveillance as well, great. What does he think I'm going to do? Leave the village ? That's ridiculous.