72

C H A P T E R 72

"Harry?" Sirius spoke at the mention of his godson. "What does he have to do with this?"

Dumbledore stood up, still holding the locket tightly in his hand. "If my theory is correct, then Harry should have a few answers I require."

"Should we go by Floo then? Or Apparation?" Remus asked, putting his trust in the Headmaster.

"I think Apparation would be best."

"I'll stay with Kreacher," Samantha spoke with a warm smile.

Kreacher looked up at her in shock. He hadn't spoken anything since Dumbledore came in and looked to be lost in his own thoughts.

Sirius raised an eyebrow at her but then shrugged it away. "Alright then, let's go!" He seemed to forget the effects of the locket and was happy to see his godson. "Will he stay here for the rest of summer then?"

"I think that would be best after the conversation we're about to have," Dumbledore answered.

"Plus he wants to come with me and the Weasleys to the World Cup later this summer," Samantha added.

Sirius gave her one last 'are you ok' look. Samantha smiled in return while the three of them quickly left the room.

A few moments of silence passed before Samantha said, "Want to go downstairs? I can make a pot of tea?"

Kreacher nodded his head.

She followed him out of Regulus' room and shut the door. Once they reached the kitchen, Samantha went for the pot and noticed Kreacher standing awkwardly by the table. "You can sit, you know."

He eyed the chair warily.

"I won't tell Sirius," she added cheekily.

A small noise that resembled a laugh escaped Kreacher's lips before climbing up the stool and sitting down. Samantha poured the water in the pot and placed t on the burner. She turned towards the table and sat down next to Kreacher.

"You seem to be pretty shaken up," Samantha spoke softly. "Is the locket really that horrible?"

"It is a bad memory."

"Right, well thank you for driving...whatever that was...away," Samantha said and then stood up to go to the cabinet to get the tea bags.

"You're welcome," Kreacher muttered and looked at Samantha oddly.

"What kind? Green, chamomile, black?" she asked, not noticing how Kreacher was questioning his odd behavior. "What?" she questioned, grabbing all three and raised an eyebrow.

"Why is Master Samantha treating Kreacher like this?"

Samantha furrowed her eyebrows. "Like what? An equal? With respect?"

"Kreacher is been treating Master Samantha horribly. Kreacher has not been nice."

"It's because you've been brainwashed by your old Master," Samantha explained as she gestured to Walburga's poster. "It's ok, though. I understand."