Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The three of us continued down the long hallway, the two guards following us. I took this time to really look around, the walls were covered in pictures. I looked at the smiling faces of the pack members and how they looked like one big family, but one picture in particular caught my eye. It was a picture of two young boys one looked to be slightly older than the other, they were stood in front of two adults, a man and a woman who each had a hand on the two boys' shoulders and they all had bright smiles on their faces. One of the boys looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"That's Titus, his little brother, and their parents."

I jumped at the sound of Elaine's voice and she let out a little giggle.

"I didn't know he had a brother." I spoke quietly.

"Yeah that's Greyson, but everybody jut calls him Grey and those are their parents Richard and Christina."

I nodded in understanding and we continued on our way through the monster of a pack house.

**

We all collapsed in a heap on the couch in the main living room of the house, exhausted. We had spent the majority of the day exploring the pack grounds and it was much more tiring than any of us expected. We sat, only the sound of our breathing filling the room.

"Hey guys, since the boys are gone we should have a movie night, like a girls only thing with just the three of us." Avery suggested.

"Yeah that sounds great, what do you think Amina?"

I had never done anything like this, but if it was what normal girls did then I was on board with it.

"I've never done anything like that before, so I'm okay with it." I spoke lowly.

"Great! Elaine you order the pizza and we can go change into our jammies, then I'll pop some popcorn and steal some candy from Michael's secret stash."

Once we had all gotten changed into pajamas, which consisted of sweatpants and one of Titus' shirts for me, we were back on the couch surrounded by junk food and bundled up in blankets. Elaine insisted that we watch a scary movie after she discovered that neither Avery nor I had never seen one. She had put in something called The Conjuring and so far I was terrified. We were about an hour in and Avery and I were holding onto each other for dear life when all of a sudden I felt a hand latch onto my shoulder.

In that moment I wasn't watching a movie with new friends, I was back at my old pack and Alpha Tony had come to torture me again.

I let out a blood curdling scream and flew off the couch, landing in a heap on the floor, my hands over my head in an effort to protect myself.

"P-please alpha, don't hurt me, please!" I begged.

I was in such a state of panic that I never picked up the scent of my mate entering the room, nor did I acknowledge the yelling that was going on around me.

All of a sudden it was quiet, the only sound was my loud, body wracking sobs that filled the room. I felt a pair of rough hands, gently grab my shaking arms and pry them away from my face.

"I- I'm sorry alpha, I didn't mean to!"

"Amina, Amina! Honey calm down it's just me, Titus, Tony isn't here no one is going to hurt you."

My sobs changed to whimpers and I finally opened my eyes to take in my surroundings. The boys that I had met my first night along with the man that I had met in the kitchen after I was humiliated were standing there, worry etched on their faces Avery even had tears streaming down her pretty face, she clung to the man that I assumed was her mate like her life depended on it. Finally my eyes landed on the hulking man that was my mate. His blue eyes were filled with both worry and anger. For the first time that I had been here, I was grateful for the felling of safety that washed over me. I was so grateful that I was no longer stuck in that hell hole of a pack that before I could fully process what I was doing, I had launched myself into the protective arms of my mate.

I clutched onto him with everything I had in me and I felt him hesitate, probably in shock, before I felt his big arms wrap around my much smaller frame.

"Please don't let him hurt me." I sobbed into his chest.

He smoothed my hair down with his big hands and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"I promise he won't ever hurt you again, sweetheart." He whispered to me in a soothing voice.