Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5 

He nodded and made his way back over. I looked down getting my shaky nerves together before looking up and saying, "I want to say sorry."

He raised his eyebrow at me and I once again saw amusement in his eyes but I ignored it. I had to do this.

"You were right; I didn't know you and I judged you before I got to know you. I was also annoyed about some things and I took all my frustration out on you. I'm sorry."

He smiled a genuine smile and said, "It's alright Annie. I understand."

I grinned at him as relief flooded through me. I resisted he urge to hug him and instead put my hand in front of me, "My name's Annie Kennedy and I want to start over."

He grinned and shook me hand, "my name is Xavier Matthews and I like your hair."

I blushed but laughed it off. I said goodnight to him once I saw it was nearly midnight and ran back outside to my caravan. Rose and Lindsay were both fast asleep but I was wide awake before falling asleep some time before three.

Rose was given the impossible job of waking me up. I groaned and rolled over but was hit repeatedly with a rolled up magazine.

"Get up, get up, and get up. It's going to be a great day tonight!" I pushed her off me but heard a thump to the ground. I ignored it but Rose screamed, "You just pushed me off the bed!! You're going to pay bitch!" She said in sadistic voice.

Uh-oh.

I quickly climbed out of bed, carefully down the ladder and locked myself in the bathroom while she laughed evilly. Rose is an evil mastermind. One night we stayed up discussing plans to attack Lindsay. I had no idea what she could do to me. Instead of panicking I jumped into the shower and spent twenty minutes showering before realising I used all of the caravan's hot solar water.

Lindsay was going to kill me.

I got out and wrapped a towel around myself when realising I had to go out to get my clothes. I groaned and carefully unlocked the door and checking the perimeters before finding my suitcase and grabbing Joshua's old oversized jersey and my black leggings. I slipped my feet into white Rabens and walked outside. Rose was nowhere in sight and I was starting to worry.

I made my way to the dining room and instead of sitting next to Rose sneakily made my way over to Taliah and sat down. When I looked at Rose she gave me a sly grin and I gulped.

Elliot called everyone's attention and told us what the plan was for the week before eliminations this Sunday.

This week was the Athletic Challenge. It didn't have a huge impact but helped Xavier narrow down who goes home. This time next week only twenty five girls will still be here. The plan was pretty simple.

All we had to do over this week was play five different sports. We were placed into groups of ten and alternated between the five different sports. I was fortunately put in a group with Rose and Taliah and unfortunately Lindsay. Six other girls were in our group but they all sucked up to Lindsay. We were in group 5.

Today we were going to play soccer and netball. It was ironic because I hated netball but love soccer. Every girl was given a pair of Adidas soccer boots which we could keep along with shin pads and soccer socks. Adidas was a sponsor of the show, and one of Xavier's sponsors so clearly this was organised. We all went back to our caravan and dressed in shorts, fortunately I had brought my jogging shorts which were good enough unlike Lindsay who had was going to play in extremely short denim shorts, or which I liked to call denim undies, dundies for short. Her butt was hanging out and she wasn't even running yet.