The Right Time?

Jayson was almost done with his MBA and his final exams had started. He stretched his arms over head as he glanced at the time. It was almost 9 p.m. and Kate was not back home yet. Just as he was about to reach for his phone to check for her messages and call her, he heard a car pull up in the driveway.

He made his way towards the door and saw Kate standing there with another guy from the side window.

Jay opened the door and stepped outside.

"Hey babe" He said as he pulled Kate on to his side and glowered at the other man.

"This is my friend, Jaden. We are in the same intern program back at the gallery"

"Nice to meet you" Jayson said as he shook hands with Jaden

"Likewise" Jaden smiled yet his smile didn't completely reach his eyes.

Jaden had pursued Kate when she had first joined but she had let him off and told him that she was already in serious committed relationship. However after that they had developed a friendship despite Jaden still harboring feelings for her.

"Where is your car?" Jayson asked Kate.

"Her car had a flat tire and I was heading this way to my friend's house so I offered a ride" Jaden explained

"Thanks" Jayson said though he was anything but that. He was just not comfortable with the way Jaden was looking at Kate.

"Well I guess I will see you tomorrow Kate. Good night to both you."Jaden said as he got back into his car and drove away.

"You could have messaged me" Jayson said as he turned to face Kate.

"You have an exam in the morning and he was headed this way either way" Kate said as she raised her eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"Nothing, it is just that you never mentioned him before."

"Come on, it is not that big of a deal. He is no one special for me to mention to you. We are just in the same program and usually are assigned on the same projects."

"I didn't like the way he kept looking at you"

"Jealous" Kate said as she stuck out her tongue at him and ran inside.

Jayson followed her in smiling. He just could not get mad at this woman.

They warmed up last night's dinner which Jayson had cooked but they never got around eating it as they had been involved otherwise.

"Your MBA is almost complete...what now?" Kate asked as she poured herself a glass wine.

"I don't know yet. Dad wants me to take over the business once I am done but you still have time left for your internship program. I don't want to leave back for New York without you"

"But what are you going to do here?"

"I will look into something. Maybe join some part time course to learn more about business and various other concepts"

"Well if that is what you want."

"All I want is you by my side, always" Jayson looked at her and she blushed.

"I am always here for you"

"I know that." Jayson knew she was the one for him. The idea of proposing to her was making rounds in his head and he just didn't know when the right time to do it was. He knew he wanted to propose to her soon but when? When he finished his MBA or when she finished her internship?