Chapter Two;

"Her most royal majesty, Queen Alaina of Egypt, Poland, Denmark, and Norway, and Princess of Spain!"

"Is that Bash?" Lady Kenna may have been naive, but she was not blind. She was most certain that was her husband at the side of the visiting Queen.

"Yes," replied Mary, "I do believe that is him."

"They were once lovers, said to be married until she went off to become Queen." Said a male voice from behind them.

"Louis, how do you know this?" Inquired Mary as she and her ladies turned to face the Prince.

"The whole court knows this, your Grace."

"I see," said Mary as she turned back to see both Bash and Alaina approaching them. She had also noticed the way her people bowed for Alaina as if Alaina was their one true Queen, and not her.

"My Queen," said Bash as he approached Mary and bowed respectfully to her. "May I present, Queen Alaina?"

"I've heard much about you, young Queen," said Alaina with a kind smile as she bowed her head as a sign of respect. And that was all she would get until she proved herself, thought Alaina.

"And I, so little about you, it seems." said Mary in return.

"Bash, Darling, may I speak with you in private?" Kenna placed a hand on Bash's free arm and smiled sweetly at both him and Alaina.

"You must be the Lady Kenna, Sebastian's wife, Francis has told me about you."

"Yes, well it seems my husband has failed to inform us, properly, on you." Alaina turned her head toward Mary, her smile no longer a kind one, least not to the eyes of those who knew her.

"Momma!"

"Lizzie!" All attention was turned to the young Princess in the arms of the young blond haired French King as he and Elizabeth's ladies made their way over to the two Queen's. "Darling, you haven't been troubling your uncle, have you?"

"No, not at all," said Francis as he handed Elizabeth over to her mother. "We've just come from visiting her baby cousin, John."

"Oh, I do hope to meet my darling nephew before I leave."

"Don't worry," Francis smiled, "You will be sure to meet him, and I know you will love him. Shall we head inside? I am certain you'd like to come in and warm up after such a long journey. Horseback, no doubt?"

"Oh, you know me well, dear Francis. As does Sebastian, since he found me in the stables."

"Yes, well, you have yet to change, Alaina." said Bash, with Kenna now holding on to his arm as if to she'd pull him at any second, away from Alaina.

"It seems your wife has discovered the truth," Alaina said with a smirk before turning away from the two to take Francis' arm, that he offered for Alaina, and started to head inside the castle.

"I must ask you to behave yourself," whispered Francis once they were some distance away from Mary and her ladies. "Mary is, after all, still my wife and I do love her."

"Yes, well perhaps it is your wife, you should be talking to. I was on my best behavior until she decided to get cheeky with me. The nerve of that girl, honestly Francis, control your wife."