Chapter 20

Nora James P. O. V

Humming lightly to myself under my breath, I grab a hold of the counter to the mini bar and pour myself a cup of coffee into the beige ceramic mug.

I would have thought the no alcohol thing would be an issue but it doesn't really bother me, I hardly miss it, well it only has been nearly a month.

Grabbing the now gradually warming mug, I walk back over to my seat, trying to maintain my balance with the gently moving to and fro of the plane.

It is night now and the atmosphere in the plane has changed once again.

Along with that, it seems as if the plane has been frequently receiving bouts of turbulence.

My coffee nearly spills over the side of my mug as I quickly rush over to my seat and strap myself in with one hand.

Quite a difficult task.

Glancing over at a day dreaming Alexander, I lightly smile as his eyes start to flutter close, and his breathing steadily slowing down to a gently up and down rhythm.

Greg is already gone to the world with his mouth hanging wide open, light snores emitting from his parted lips and I'm sure a slight trail of drool edges at the corner of his mouth, trickling down.

I find it oddly amusing, he acted like a small child in a mans body.

Damien as always is cold and calculating, typing away at his laptop, the blue hue of the screen falling onto his face, creating weird patterns and shadows especially in the dim lighting.

I sip on my coffee, savoring the bitter taste, for some reason coffee never had the much needed effect of keeping me awake.

Quite the opposite actually, the warm comfort would in the weirdest of ways lull me into a sleep.

I ponder over a copious amount of things, from how Pixie is doing, to the little baby growing in my stomach, a flutter of butterflies erupting as I do so, and then also the journey to come.

Meeting Sam and doing the one thing we all should have done when we all met him with the cousin scenario looming over all of us.

We should have simply confronted him and gotten it all over and done with.

Still in my thoughts, I don't realize I'm blatantly staring at an emotionless Damien who stares directly back at me, his deep stormy blue eyes piercing through into my very soul perturbed me in the most weirdest of ways as I quickly avert my gaze, ignoring his raised eyebrow, watching as he studies me for a minute more before shaking his head and then focusing back onto his laptop.

My thoughts wander back to how this whole scenario can unfold, the things that could go devastatingly wrong or maybe even end up in a win for us.

Thinking about England, my mind roams to Ben and I immediately tense up in my seat, my hands cupping the warm mug tighter, almost scalding my skin.

I can't believe I never thought of this before.

Have Sam and Ben even met?

If all of this actually does lead back to Sam then does that mean Ben could be in serious trouble.

Nerves start to race through me once more while I try to take deep breathes.

If it's been so long without anything else happening than I'm sure he'll be safe.

Right?