"...it's like falling asleep."

Vega

"Hey, so do you wanna meet my parents, tomorrow?" Emmett asked me while I was looking through books in the library

I looked at him confused before grabbing a book off the shelf, "I already meet your family, wasn't that fun for me last time."

"Esme invited you, Mega and your parents to our house this weekend, she wants to reconcile beside it won't be like that again." He said before pausing and walking toward me, "Rosalie and I have made up."

"What does that mean? Y'all are back together again?" I'm not jealous.

He gave me a weird look, "no, we are done for good, Vega, I told you that I'm waiting for you and I meant it, so will you and your family come over?"

"Sure," I told him before sitting at a table, him in front of me. "I don't if my mom can make it, her hours are wild."

"And your dad, does he work?"

"No," I laughed, "but he owns a butcher shop, it's where we get our blood." I said rubbing my aching neck.

"Wait, so y'all don't hunt?" He asked incredulously like everyone should be hunters.

"No!" I said laughing and putting the book down, "no, dad doesn't like too, so he owns a butcher shop selling beef, we get our blood once it's drained from the animal carcass."

"Who works there then?"

"Gosh, you're just full of questions today," I said smirked, "but, my aunt and uncle run it, it's up on L.A., called Rodríguez Beef Shop."

"Rodríguez?" He asked.

"It's my mom maiden name Afro-Latina," I said looking up at him, "my dad is white, you?"

"White," He said laughing, "there is so much that I don't know about you."

"I could say the same to you." I laughed, "I know next to nothing about you. It's weird for me, you know. With everyone else, I can see their whole lives with just a touch, but with you, I don't see anything."

"Well, you know you could just ask." He said to me with his signature smile.

"So, could you." I told him, leaning in, "but that don't mean I'll answer. What's your real name, do you remember it?"

He nodded before thinking, "Emmett Dale McCarty." He answered like he was unsure.

"Hmm, McCarty, I like that." I told him, thinking about his name, "is it Irish?"

He shrugged, I think he was unsure about that part of his life, "what about you? What's your full name?" He asked

"Vega Rivera Rodríguez-Grey," I said listing each name my parents gave me, I felt like the sister from Spy Kids. "How long have you been a vampire?"