Chapter Three

Click. That was the sound of my two fingers as I snapped them in Asami's face. Even then, she still stood there, unaware of how long she had been eyeing Mako and how many people have noticed it.

I stood in front of her and screamed at her face. "Asami!"

She snapped out of her daydream, focusing her attention on me. She finally realised what she was doing up until now, causing a hint of red to appear on her cheeks. I smiled looking at her.

I took her by the hand and led her to the start of the line to grab some food. We both grabbed ourselves some ramen with eggs. One of the best things about the school was the food. They served mouth watering delicacies every lunchtime. It was great!

We settled on seats that were a few distances away from Mako and his hoard of cheerleaders. There he was, laughing, showing off his cheerful half smile. The cheerleaders, of course, can't keep their eyes off him. Suddenly he looked towards me. He gave me his endearing full smile, showing off his perfect white teeth. I cringed inwardly.

As if on cue, Asami cuts my line of sight to Mako. She looks at me, one of her eyebrows raised in confusion and doubt. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't worry I have no interest in him." I stated bluntly.

Asami gave me her relieved smile.

"So," I directed Asami. "What's your plan?"

"I don't really have one." she said with a guilty look.

I rolled my eyes at her. Asami had always dove right into things. She never had a plan for anything. Even at schoolwork, she relied only on her intelligence and brain power. She would usually just wing everything in her life.

"Seriously, Asami. You need to think this through." I pleaded.

She looked solemnly down on her food. "I know, but I don't know how." She continued. "I mean, you know I've never dated anyone before."

I nodded. Sure Asami is smart. But she was never the type to know about relationships. After all, she did reject every single guy and girl to ask her out in middle school.

"Okay, but as much as I hate to admit it, we need someone who knows a lot about Mako." I hesitated. I looked over to the hallway that the so-called delinquents hanged out. Coming to eye contact with the guy who had dyed red hair.

"Who better to ask than his own brother."

~~~~

After lunch, came our 4th period. It was Biology. I always found interest in Biology. It was the only science that seemed to make a lot of sense to me. I just liked learning about wildlife and nature. I also liked to know about the biochemistry side of life. Asami on the other hand, was more interested in Physics. Ugh! I hate Physics. I despise the idea of working with complicated formulas and theories, Asami loved that kind of stuff as much as she loved Architecture.

Today classes dragged for some reason after Biology. Like always I met up with Asami at the school gates. To my surprise, She was talking to a familiar figure. I then came to realise that it was Mako.

They were staring deep into each other's eyes. Mako wore his fascinating half smile, while Asami showed her perfect smile that complimented her eyes. Her dimples were revealed as her smile reached up to her ears. Mako was telling her something I couldn't hear and Asami was happily laughing about it. 

I've never seen Asami smile and laugh to someone other than me. She looked happy and content. I should be feeling the same. I should be feeling celebratory for my best friend who has finally found someone she would care about.