Chapter 28:Lilian

I felt the shift of the bed turn and a pair of arms wrap around me.
"Lily" Octavius spoke lowly in my ear. An involuntary moan escaped my lips.
"Five more minutes" I spoke still half asleep as I nuzzled closer to him. It was a Saturday. A day we took off from Alpha and Luna duties why he was waking me I had no idea.

Since meeting the pack and seeing the twins and of course getting the house back to normal. I had officially started Luna duties. Most of all Octavius and I have been trying to figure out why the twins were there in the first place. Since seeing them I have not left the house without Octavius or Jason and James sometimes even Daniel and Sage.
It took me a bit to not get him to go to the Westside his self. Eventually I talked some sense into him.

I felt him kiss me on my head and brought me closer to him.
" You didn't have a nightmare last light" I could almost sense the relief in his voice. It wasn't just relief but somewhat surprised.
Well I would be to since I've been having them for days now.
" it's strange, how I can have them one moment then I do not"

I turned to face him so his eyes were looking into mine.
" I'm talking with Daniel today and some other pack members, I'm leaving Jason, Aaron and James here with you"
At first I was going to object but I no longer felt the need to so I just nodded.

"You want breakfast?"
My ears parked at the words.

"Only if you agree, no pancakes"
I sat up. Last time he made pancakes he burnt them, crisp.

I could see the corners of his mouth began to form into a smirk.
"That was one time"
I chuckled at the reply. I sat up crossing my arms "it was twice"

"I- well l- you know what..."
I trailed off as he pulled me causing me to fall on my back so he towered over me inches from my face "are you saying you don't like my pancakes"
That made me laugh. I shook my head and tried to hide my smile.
Which caused him to take both my arms in one of his hands as he straddled me.
"Say you like my cooking" he demanded amusingly so I decided to humor him.

"I like you cooking"
He nodded and smiled in approval as if he sort of won. Then I added
"Just not your pancakes"

That was when the tickling started
"No, stop"
I laughed fighting his hold even trying to kick him off of me.

"Say you like my pancakes"
He spoke.
When I didn't he continued the tickling.

"O-Kay I-"

"What was that? You think I'm the best pancake maker in the world"
He spoke as another round of laughter escaped my lips.

"Your pancakes- are- fabulous!"
I shouted over the sound of my own laughter.

He stopped, still holding my arms and in top of me, enjoying this more than I am. His hand rested just in my hip.

"S-say you love me..." he spoke almost too lowly for me to hear.

"I- What?" I froze looking at him. The fun still in his expression but so was the seriousness in his words. I couldn't help but tense up. He let go of my arms so they just rested where they were. He then rested his arms in the opposite side of my face.
"Lily I-"

"Don't.. Don't say it?" It came out more of a question than anything. He looked at me confused.
What just happened? Does this mean he is wanting to say those three words that will change everything? Those three words I myself have never felt not until....
No this changes things it means Xzavier has another person to hurt.

"Lily?" Octavius brought my attention back to him. Confusion and a hint of hurt in his expression.

"C-can I get up pl-ease"
With a silent nod he let me up.

"Lily... I-"
I stopped him by pressing my lips to his. Oh those lips of his.
"Don't...don't Say it"
How was I to explain that I have never felt it that I do now, that it scares me, that I don't even know what it feels like. That I'm scared.

"Why? It's true..." he trailed off breaking his gaze from mine.
"Because I- I- I can't"
Before giving him a chance to say anything I left the room.

The only place I could think of quiet enough and sound proud was Octavius's office. They wouldn't hear me in here only smell me.
I couldn't stop pacing the floor. By now I'm sure my foot prints might just be noticeable.

Lil?
Sage spoke through the mind link sounding concerned.
I only shut her out. As I did everyone thinking I already did that.

"What is wrong Lilian?"
I asked myself.

Just then the phone rang
the phone is ringing...
I told Octavius only unblocking him
You may answer it.. Lily im-

I blocked him off as I answered the phone.

"Hello" I stood in front of the desk.
"It's funny how everyone comes together in the living room. Even Jack who so seems to fit the pack"

I froze. Swallowing the lump in my throat.
" X-Xzavier why-"

"Why am I calling? Oh a little birdy told me you may be alone. How's it being the worthless play thing for the Alpha?"
I quickly went to the window to see the twins not even give feet from the house.

"What do you want?"
I asked as I worked on controlling my breathing

" A lot of thing actually, you and every weak human gone. I may be blinded by hatred but it's hatred I can control. Don't worry though I have plans, I don't know why I kept you well all these years when the plan was always the same, so I'm going to stop making excuses, my wolves have their orders, my permission. So tell me. Do you think they can hear you scream?"
He asked just as one of the twins broke the window and tackled me to the floor.
John one of the twins held my hands and held my mouth shut as the other, Jordan pulled out a syringe filled with dark liquid.

"Lily?"
A voice spoke on the other side of the door. I couldn't make out the voice but my senses told me it was Octavius.

OCTAVIUS!
I shouted the best I could through the link.

"Grab her"
Jordan spoke as he held the syringe at the ready.

John pulled me to my feet just when a banging came from the door and Jordan injected me with whatever was in that syringe.

Just before things began to fade I felt my self be lifted up and the last thing I saw was Octavius coming through the door as the twins jumped back out the window with me.

That'swhen it went black.