(You could be happy)

“Why didn’t you call me when this happened you idiot!” Daila exclaimed at me.  Blocking my ears with the palm of my hands I gave her a slight smile. Daila is amazing, even though right now she doesn’t seem much of it. She became my new friend from college; we both ended up doing the same major and ended up working together as well. I just told her about the whole Teresa incident which is why she is flipping on me right now. Removing my hands I put a hand on her shoulder.

“Calm down” I told her calmly. She raised her eyebrows and gave me a ‘are you kidding me’ look.

“Why should I calm down? If I was you yeah I would have punched that bitch and shown her what day it is” Daila said loudly as people gave her weird looks as we walked down to the nearby café,

“Ok, ok I get your point but did you want me to get fired? By the way it doesn’t really matter I get to go back to New York and see Bryan again” I told her. Her mood suddenly changed from being serious to smiling widely. I told her everything about my past life and she loves to hear about me and Bryan but I haven’t told her about him being a vampire, if I did….she would probably eat every single chocolate in the world.

“I’m just happy that you get to see Bryan again and I can’t believe you’re so selfish to leave me behind after four long years of becoming friends” She said sadly as her dark brown eyes darkened. A small smile reached upon my face as I tapped her gently on the back.

“I wish you could come as well” I told her softly hoping it would make her feel any better, she looked at my face and concentrated but I couldn’t seem to find out what she could possibly be thinking about.

“Are you going to come back?” She asked me gently. I felt my feet stay glued to the pavement and just stared at her. Do I want to come back? I’ve made a life here a very happy life and I don’t think I’ve ever been in so much peace and less complications in my life before. I mean I’ve made an amazing friend, I haven’t gotten involved with anyone, Andrew is now starting to walk again and mom and dad seem to be in a stress free zone. Do I really want to throw all that away and move back?

“I…..I don’t know Daila. I want to…but I really like it here in Italy. I mean don’t get me wrong I get to see my friends again and everyone else but I…I just don’t know. Gosh thanks for bringing that up now I’m going to be thinking about it till Saturday” I said slightly pushing her away from me as she took a few steps back. Rolling her eyes, she put her hands on either side of her hips and cocked her head to the side.

“Wait…why this Saturday?” She asked confused.

“Well….because I’m going to leave this Saturday” I said getting low and lower with each word that I was saying. Her eyes widened as she came over to slap my arm which she succeed to do. Pushing her hands away from me, I glared at her.

“What in the bloody world was that for?” I asked her. She rolled her eyes and hooker her arm through mine. This girl and her mood swings

“That is for leaving so early” She said as we started to walk to our destination again

“You know the only way you could go with me is if Valentino drops out, which I doubt he will he’s a stuck up prick” I told her truthfully.

“Well I’ve got an idea” Daila said slowly. Oh no her ideas, are the worst ideas in the whole world. “I was thinking we c-

“No Daila we cannot take out his insides, sell them to the butcher shop and throw him the river” I told her specifically.

“No…we’ll convince him why I should go” She told me. I looked at her from the corner of my eye to see she had a blank face. Looking back straight we entered the café going to stand behind the people in the cue

“I’ve got an idea”

**********

“Hello Valentino” I said plopping down into the seat that was next to him. He didn’t bother looking at me because he was typing away. His blonde hair was getting into his brown eyes as he tried to move it away. Don’t get me wrong Valentino is actually good looking but he is a dick head, he thinks the world revolves around him and no one else and the fact that he is ‘perfect’-perfect my ass! Looking straight at him, he still didn’t stop to look at me. “Oh right I forgot you only respond if I speak Italian” I said to him but more like to myself. “Tu sei un cazzo di non rispondermi” I told him. He suddenly stopped typing and faced towards me giving me the world’s most evil look.

“I am not being a prick I’m just trying to work what do you want?!” He yelled at me in his thick Italian accent. I bit my lip to stop laughing.

“Well yes you are because I’m trying to be polite but you seem to always yell or diss me” I said back to him.

“When have you ever been ‘polite’ to me?” He said precisely. I can’t believe this dude’s asking me that question, what a fuck face.

“Ever since I first joined by the way you know the whole thing to go to New York” I asked him. He squinted his eyes and leaned back in his seat.

“Yes”

“Well I’m going instead of Teresa” I told him. His eyes suddenly widened as he bolted up from his chair frantically looking around.

“Lei sarà l'inferno vivente di me” He said to himself. Standing up myself I pretended to be mad at what he said.

“Come on I won’t be that bad” I told him. His eyes whizzed to mine as he took a couple of steps back away from me.

“No…no…I’m not going now. Where’s Mr Salvatore?!” He yelled loudly even though no one was in the room except for me and him. He looked really troubled, Daila man you so rock right now!

“Valentino why are you yelling so loudly for?” I heard Mr Salvatore say from behind me. Holy Moly when did he get here? Getting up from the chair and turning around his eyes landed on me. “April  why is he screaming?” He asked me instead.

“Um…I just told Valentino that I was going to come along for the business trip and it’s like he found out I killed his mom or something” I told him. Mr Salvatore smiled slightly and walked towards us stopping right beside me facing Valentino.

“Valentino calm down” He said to him. Valentino looked between me and Mr Salvatore letting out a loud scream. I started to laugh unable to hold in my laughter anymore. I looked over at Mr Salvatore to see him trying to hold back his own laughter.

“I don’t want to go to the trip anymore, you can make her go on her own or someone else go! I don’t want to go anymore she’s a monster!” He yelled pointing an accusing finger at my face. How rude didn’t his parents ever tell him it’s rude to point? He ran off in the opposite direction and my laughter seemed to calm down as well. I faced Mr Salvatore to see he had a ‘what the fuck just happened’ look. I don’t blame him.

“Ok looks like it’s only going to be me and you April” Mr Salvatore told me.

“Actually can’t Daila come instead?” I asked him. He smirked slightly and raised his eyebrows at me.

“Why?” He said teasingly. He might be my boss but he is super safe, considering he is only three years older than me.

“Well because I’ll feel lonely” I told him smiling myself.

“Well you’ll have me with you” He replied back.

“Yeah but I’ll need a friend with me anyway”

“Really April I can’t, I just got a message saying only one co-worker is allowed to come with me and I was here to tell Valentino he couldn’t come but looks like he just made my job easier” He said to me.

“Oh…ok” I told him sadly. Great Daila won’t be able to come with me now and I don’t even know whether I want to stay at New York or not. It’s time to call the parents