Chapter 15

{Character in picture: Katie Cassidy as Elizabeth "Liz" Marks}

{Song in video: X Ambassadors - Unsteady}

The next day, I woke up to a text message around six thirty in the morning. "Ugh, who texts this early?" I grumbled to myself, grabbing my phone and looking at it, the bright light practically blinding me.

I immediately awaken when I realized there was a text from my dad saying: Hello, Anastasia, your mother and I would like to meet with you later for lunch at our house to discuss something important. Elizabeth will also be there.

I bit my lip, thinking about how to reply to him. My parents and I weren't on the greatest terms since I refused to go to Harvard after I got offered a scholarship. I knew it was going to be a waste of time since I wasn't going to pursue something so prestigious, like everyone else there would. I ended up going to a local college for two years, where I got my associate's degree in business. To this day, I still wasn't sure why I took those business classes, but I guess it was mainly to somewhat make my parents okay with that decision.

After about ten minutes, I decided to reply with: Hey dad! And okay I'll be there.

I was trying to decide whether I should add a smiley face emoticon, but decided against it, since I didn't think he would be a big fan of those.

Okay, see you then. I noticed his message.

I wonder what they want to talk about.

I scrolled through my phone for a while, and then cooked breakfast for myself.

After getting ready, I ran a few errands to different places. First, I went to the grocery store because I needed more food and drinks. After that, I went to look for a few home decorations to make my apartment less plain looking. I bought a few pink lights to make my room look prettier, and I also bought a few picture frames.

By the time I was done with the errands, it was 11:30. I went to my car, and drove to my parents' house.

When I arrived, I parked the car, and then walked up their driveway. I looked around nervously, and then rang the doorbell.

My mom opened the door, at first having a straight face. "Hello," she said, now having a small smile.

"Hey," I said, smiling back.

I walked in, and then noticed my dad standing there. "Good afternoon, Anastasia," he said.

"Hey," I said to him.

I gave my parents a hug, and then we went to go sit in the dining room.

"So how have you been?" My mom asked. "How's your job?"

"I've been good, and I love my job," I replied.

"Where do you work?" My dad asked.

"Havens Enterprise."

My parents glanced at each other, with impressed looks on their faces. "That's great. That business is very successful, I've heard. What do you do there?" My dad said.

"I'm a secretary. I email, run errands, file, and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be."

"That's great," my mom said, grinning. "I've heard many great things about the Havens family."

"I've met them a few times," my dad said. He looked back at me. "You work for Vincent Havens, correct?"

"Yes," I said, nodding my head.