Chapter Two

Kat giggled as she walked towards the Moon Calves.

"Hello!" She said happily, plopping down exactly where . The MoonCalves bumped their huge heads against her. She laughed happily as she patted their heads.

 "Where's Luna?" Katrina called for her favourite one

"Where's Luna?" Katrina called for her favourite one. The youngest Mooncalf came forward. Katrina hugged it tightly. "Missed you Luna!" She squealed. In response the Mooncalf butted it's head against her arm. Katrina grinned. She remembered when Uncle Newt found the young Mooncalf.

*Flashback*

They were in the middle of travelling when Kat's pleads finally broke down Newt, and soon Kat laughed happily as she ran down the star lit road, where her uncle had promised her a night time picnic. She pointed at the top of a bare hill.

"Up there, Daddy!" Kat said. Newt gave a chuckle and nodded. The hill was surrounded by bushes, and Kat noticed that one side of the hill was rocky terrain.

"Be careful over there, Kat!" Newt had called. But Kat had heard a pitiful sound. She was intrigued when she heard a rustling at the bottom of the rocky terrain. The sound came again, and Kat cautiously patted the bushes, to see a small lump of grey fur all alone. Kat gasped, and immediately called Newt.

"Daddy! Daddy! Come! There's an orphan Mooncalf!"

Kat could hear her uncle's muffled footsteps draw nearer.

"Poor thing." Newt whispered. "Luckily, my case is right here. We can bring it in." Kat looked up at him, her eyes full of tears.

"Did the baby Mooncalf's momma and papa leave it like mine did?" Kat asked. She saw a flicker of emotion on her uncle's face as he sighed deeply.

"I don't know, Kat. All we can do is raise it happily? Just like I did for you."

With one last pat on the head, she walked off towards another habitat where she saw some Bowtruckles.

"Hi, Finn, Titus, Tom, Poppy, and Marlow!" Kat said happily as she reached the green creatures. "How are you guys?" The Bowtruckles squeaked and chattered as Kat giggled as she stretched out a hand and let the Bowtruckles crawl over her. She allowed it for a few moments before nudging them back to their home.

"Brilliant. Now I gotta go! Bye!" Kat skipped towards the Graphorns. She watched them sadly as the younger fooled around with his parents, chasing each other and in simple terms just having fun. She often wondered what would have happened if her real mum and dad had stayed. She hugged her knees to her chest, and began rocking back and forth. One of the Graphorns approached her, and Kat pet it's head slowly. Then she stood up as she heard a crash from the preparing room. She rushed there and saw the Niffler there.

"There you are, you silly willy." Kat said as she cradled the creature, where it lay content in her arms, and brought it back to its treasure trove.

Dusting her hands off, Kat began walking towards her tree house when she suddenly stopped, thinking.

"I wonder what Daddy had got himself into?"