»part 5 » the killing bat

YOU AND I
part 5 » "I swear, you and Lip are always up to no good..."

     It was quiet

     It was quiet.

     Not the usual kind of quiet. You know the kind I'm talking about? The kind of quiet that you find between rage and anger. The quiet you feel before a vicious fight breaks out.

     No, this quiet was...serene. It was sublime. Pure bliss.

     My inner addict was gone. I couldn't hear any screaming or scratching. She was quiet. There were two explanations for this: she was hungover or...she was gone. She may have just been hungover because she was never gone. Not really. No, she was always lurking in the shadows. She would never leave. That would be too good to be true.

     But in this exact moment, I felt pure ecstasy. Shit, I was ecstasy. I was walking on a fucking cloud with rainbows and shit. My eyes weren't even open and I was-

     Wait.

     I pried my eyes open, careful for the sunlight that was beaming through the tiny window. I was in Ian's bed. But where the fuck was Ian?

     My eyes shot open as I looked around the room to see if anyone was awake. The door was shut and Carl's bed was empty.

     I hurled my body out of the bed as fast as I could until the room started to spin causing me to fall right back. There was a jack hammer going off in my head while my stomach did somersaults. The sunlight was too bright and the room smelt like dirty socks. I looked down at my hands and saw dried blood splattered across my fingers.

     And suddenly it hit me. This wasn't my blood.

     Lip.

     I looked down at my body, noticing I was still in my underwear and one of Lip's dirty white t-shirts.

     Maybe it was a dream. I had to be dreaming. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to remember all the details of the night before.

     I remember the taste of alcohol, the dampness of the blood, the softness of his touch, the roughness of his kiss and the oh so great release.

     My eyes slowly shifted up towards Lip's bed where I quickly noticed he was tuckered under his covers. His hair was disheveled in in its usual way while his mouth was slightly opened. His busted face was covered in dried blood. Everything look twisted and bruised but it was still perfect.

     Wait, why was he in his bed? Was I really dreaming? Did I imagine everything? I've never had a wet dream like that before so it had to be real. There was no way something that unbelievable could be a dream.

     As I sat there and looked at the damaged boy who made my heart stop and beat erratically all at once, I started to think about what we just did. What we did...what we were...I never felt anything like that before. Bobby was my first and he was always less than present while we were intimate. Sometimes it felt like making love to a corpse.