Three - Media

Hello there !
So I decided that I might as well put in some Eddie One Shots to go with this book. :)
Mature chapter including drinking addiction and inappropriate language. Hope you don't mind! Enjoy xx

Sincerely, Isabelle

You lived such an unhealthy relationship with a young man going by the name of Tyler. All day, everyday, the two of you were always on social media. Never exactly talking to each other vocally, it always had to be through text even though you were just across the room from him. It had always been like this for around six months all because of Tyler's addiction to the media. His addiction was really like no other, it was unique and obviously, time consuming.

It never really crossed your mind about how wrong your relationship with him was, but when the thought bended your mind it definitely made you slightly annoyed. Thoughts like these swirled through your mind as you drifted away from your social media life unlike before, you began to become very addicted to alcohol and went out more during the night.

All those 'I love you' texts and adorable emoji's Tyler had sent you, you were a fool to believe that text like that would hold so much emotion. You began to think about the possibilities and chances of him not really loving you as you walked down the damp, stone pathway that led to your local pub. Arguments from before twisting and bending your mind in sick ways.

"I'm sick of just texting each other! Why can't we have a normal relationship!?" You shouted as you held a bottle of wine in your shaking hand. You had been drinking in the bathroom before Tyler had entered, as you slouched against the wall with your head buried between your legs while you took various amount of sips from the wine bottle.

"Babe, you're drunk. Stop." Tyler calmly said as he placed his phone down on the bathroom sink. Just the sound of his phone vibrating with messages and notifications pissed you off so badly as you argued.

"Fuck off! You're never off that shitty phone of yours!" You cursed as you smashed the wine bottle against the sink. You always had a temper when you were drunk, you'd always curse and swear. Acting like a stereotypical drunk teenager.

"Watch the phone!" He shouted as he snatched his phone carefully from the shattered glass that scattered all over the sink, shards of glass left on his phone that he tried to dust off. You rolled your eyes in disgust as you made your way towards the batheoom door, swinging it open as you aggressively walked towards the apartment door. You grabbed the apartment keys and walked out the front door, still drunk.

The argument had led you here, travelling all the way to the local bar. The bar began to come into view just over the horizon, your pace of walking beginning to speed up, signalling that your addiction to alcohol was kicking in more then ever. Before you knew it, you found yourself at the front door of the pub, a warm light emitting from the calm place as you slowly pushed the door open.

The small pub was empty and only had two or three people sitting at the small bar. You gave a sigh as you entered, relieved that you were far from Tyler. You didn't have to think about much when you were drinking, or even far away from him. Your relationship twisted your mind so much that you had to get away almost every time. The one question was, why were you still in the unhealthy relationship?

You tried not to think too much as you made your way to the bar, sitting on the tall stool as the bartender made his way towards you.

"Regular." You spoke out groggily as you rubbed your eyes tiredly. You'd been to the pub so many times that the bartender had already memorised what you needed. You ordered the same thing everytime, not even thinking about how much you should expand your taste within the alcohol range. The bartender had responded with a small nod as he moved away from the wide, oaken bar. You looked around, your eyes landing on a young man only a few stools away from you, studying his features.

He had kaleidoscoped eyes that mixed with hazel, green and blue. His ginger, burgundy hair formed curls that went up into an adorable quiff while freckles were scattered all over his face. He had a soft smile that plastered over his face as he held a glass of wine in his hand. Strangely, just studying his features made you tear up. You looked down towards your legs as tears formed in your eyes.

It wasn't the fact about how handsome he was, but the fact that he gave a friendly aura. You thought about how kind and sweet he must be, it was a talent you had. The thought of how better he would be then Tyler. Just by glancing and studying people's features, you could tell how they socially communicated with strangers, friends and more. You wiped your eyes as the bartender appeared before you with a glass of wine in his hand, you looked up to him as he placed the wine in front of you.

"Are you alright?"

You turned your head to see the young man who was once only a few stools away, right beside you. You sniffed as you dried your eyes, stained tears on your porcelain face.

"Y-Yeah. I'm perfectly fine." You spoke out as you gently picked up the glass of wine, taking a small sip.

"Are you sure? You seem to be crying, love." He told you. The fact that he called you 'love' gave you chills down your spine. You swallowed the dry tasting wine as you met eyes with the young man. You realised that a British accent hung onto his words, causing you to assume that he must be British.

"I'm not crying." You replied to him as your hands strangely started to fidget with the bottom of your shirt.

"My name's Eddie." He kindly explained as he scooted just a little bit closer to you. You blushed a bright pink as you swallowed another bit of wine, the powerful taste hitting you, making you crave even more. Your instincts spoke to you as you felt your addiction beginning to grow even more, causing you to crave

"(Name)." You bluntly spoke out to him as you glanced back to your drink. It was rude to drink while someone was directly talking to you, so you resisted the chance of having another sip of the fancy wine. Your drunk-ness had worn off, leading you to only be groggy and tired.

"What's troubling you, love?" He asked as you slid the glass of wine far from you, to keep your addiction settled and calm. But there he went again, calling you that specific nickname, were all British men like this? Not to be stereotypical, but it was a thought that just crossed your mind. One thing you did know about Brits was how genuinely kind and passionate they sometimes were towards people. You turned your head towards him and gave a sigh, it was worth the shot to rant to the man, stranger or not. You just wanted to lift the heavy weight from your shoulders.

Before explaining, you gave an exasperated sigh then finally, blurted out all the information to him. At a few points in the 'story' you told, you could feel tears pool at the corner of your eyes, but the so-called man 'Eddie' would wrap his arm around you, pulling you close to him in comfort.

The time would tick away, soon enough you began nearing the end of your own story with dried tears that stained your outfit and face. You gave him a small, kind smile.

"Thank you for listening to me, Eddie. I appreciate it very much." You mumbled as he wrapped his arms around you, giving you a tender hug before letting go.

"How about, we go for a walk together across the bridge. Maybe that'll clear your mind up too." He asked you before standing up and pushing his bar stool back under, holding a hand out to you. Your smile had enlarged and you looked him deep in the eyes before taking his hand, allowing him to lead you outside.