SKIES

jungkook focus
jungkook sits on his bed and stares at a blank word document, waiting to be full of words regarding the topic of electrolysis. he leans his head against the wall and looks over at the clock, waiting for taehyung to come and sleep. it's been a while since the older had left.

maybe he's going to sleep over at hoseok's? jungkook thinks to himself, shutting his laptop and pushing it to one side before pulling his shirt over his head flinging it across the room in annoyance.

he could believe he had forgotten about his and taehyung's date, leaving him to wait two hours at the shop alone. he was annoyed with himself for doing so, and now the idea that taehyung could be sleeping besides hoseok, irritates him further.

he slides under his sheets and spreads his limbs out on his bed, trying to take up all the space to make up for taehyung's empty presence. he closes his eyes, trying to ignore the fact that taehyung wasn't there warming his side as he slept quietly.

taehyung focus
forty minutes later, taehyung's seated on the window sill of hoseok's dorm, chatting away to hoseok's roomie, bongyoung. he slurps the last of his now cold noodles whilst swinging his legs over the open window frame, enjoying the view of the north star he had. although blocked by the orange glow of the lampposts, the north star shone bright against the orange hued sky.

he revels in the way the night air hit his legs, freezing them until they were numb but in a strange way he enjoyed it. he tilts his head up to gain a better view of his favourite star, admiring how beautiful the little speck in the sky looked.

taehyung's irritated self had long since disappeared after hanging out with bongyoung, watching the night sky whilst doing so. it'd have been even better if he could've watch the stars in the free space of his backyard with hoseok besides him, sipping on a flask of hot chocolate like they used to do when they were younger.

he's broken out of his thoughts by bongyoung.
"hey, taehyung, close the damn window already. it's fucking cold." bongyoung hisses, shivering under his duvet.

"ah sorry," taehyung quickly apologises and swings his legs back into the room, closing the window and walking towards the door.
"better go then, good night guys." taehyung hums.

bongyoung murmurs a quiet goodbye and shuffles under the covers. hoseok only replies with a snore - the boy had already fallen asleep when taehyung had come to hang out with him.

he leaves hoseok's dorm and stretches his arms outside, before walking down the dormitory hallway to his own room.

jungkook focus
taehyung? jungkook thinks blearily as he squints through the darkness of his room to see taehyung sliding into the covers alongside him, dressed in his pj's and freshly washed up.

"sorry." taehyung whispers upon seeing jungkook move his head warily. he doesn't say anything as taehyung nestles besides him, his hair tickling his cheek and his breath fanning against his skin.
jungkook's a little too sleepy to say much so he just turns on his side to face taehyung and wraps his arms around him, mumbling "sorry again."

"s'ok." taehyung murmurs against jungkook's warm chest, burrowing his head against jungkook's shoulder and inhaling his scent. "g'night."