Newt Scamander - "Wait a minute. Are you jealous?"

You licked your lips while you watched Newt flourishing in his natural environment. Even though you had been here countless times before, you were always surprised by the beauty and the way this place managed to change Newt into someone you could barely recognise.

"I do hope you feel comfortable?" Newt leaned towards the Demiguise and his lips curled up into a smile. "No, there is no need to be shy. You are wonderful." He wrapped his arms around the creature and you couldn't help taking a deep breath.

"How are things going, Newt?" You put your book aside and stood up from your comfortable chair. "All animals happy and smiling?" You shifted your weight from one leg the other.

"Yes, yes I think so." Newt nodded. He had not even turned his head to look at you, his glance locked with the Demiguise who stared at him with his wide open eyes. "Why are you asking?"

"I was just asking, nothing special." You took a deep breath and you curled your fingers arounds Newt arm. "Am I wonderful too?" You eventually whispered. Even though you thought Newt loved you, you didn't dare to be sure.

"I...I...why are you..." Newt frowned his eyebrows and he turned his head to look at you. He looked boyish, innocent, sweet and you already felt sorry for acting so childish without a reason. "Wait a minute..." Newt swallowed. He stared at the Demiguise and then back to you. "Are you jealous?" He bent his head and he stared at his feet. His lips were trembling a little and you curled your mouth up into a smile.

"I try not to be, but sometimes..." You paused for a moment and you tightened your grip around his arm. "Sometimes I get the impression that you love your animals a lot more than you love me."

"No, no, that's not true..." Newt hurried to interrupt you. "Not a lot more. Just..." He swallowed and his cheeks reddened. "Just a little bit more."

You sighed and let your head rest on his shoulder. "You know, you can't blame me for sometimes wishing I was an animal with my own perfect spot down here."

Newt wrapped an arm around your waist and he licked his lips. "So..." He grabbed your hand and walked away from the Demiguise while pulling you along. "I found this waterfall." He looked shyly over his shoulder while he slowed down, realising that your legs weren't as long as his. "Maybe we can make that your perfect spot down here?"

"What about our perfect spot?" You spoke softly and Newt stood still all of a sudden.

"Yes, yes of course. Our perfect spot."