Dark Prince, Golden Princess

The next morning, Hermione went to the Great Hall with a new skip in her step. She knew there was something different about Draco. She couldn't quite place it but she knew he wasn't evil. At least not anymore. Somewhere during the 7th year, something had shifted. Draco had gone from arrogant Death Eater wannabe to a trying-to-reform-gentleman.

"Looks like someone enjoyed their night", said Ron as soon as she was seated on the Gryffindor table.

Hermione ignored him. Ginny glared at him. "You're the one who set her up you prat! Just ignore him 'Mione."

Harry shook his head in disappointment. He wanted to tell Ron off but he knew Ron was already in a fragile state. He didn't want to blow their remaining chances at the next Quidditch Match against Hufflepuff. He still had a couple of months and he had hoped Ron would get back his form by that time for Merlin's sakes. But this.. this was just going out of hand.

Just then, Draco entered and stole a quick sideways glance at the Gryffindor table before settling down and having a go at the treacle tart. Apparently the sugar was good for improving magic. More sugar in the system, meant more energy, meant more magic.
"After all magic is transferrence and transformation of energy from one state to another", Hermione's voice rang in his head, interrupted by Peeves awful song about the Weasel Brothers' new Love Pill, that were filled with explicit lyrics. Apparently the Bloody Baron was busy with The Grey Lady.

Even Pansy eyed him with suspicion as he hated treacle tart earlier.
But today, Draco couldn't care less.

"You're at the wrong table", commented Ron, as soon as Draco  had entered The Great Hall. "Shouldn't you be over there with your boyfriend?" he added, to Hermione.

Hermione, who had taken to ignore Ron's comments, finally lost her patience.

"Have you lost your mind, Ron?!" she screamed. All eyes were on the Gryffindor table. The Golden couple was arguing. There was trouble in paradise.

A Hufflepuff student was clicking away pictures, but Hermione didn't give a damn.

"I'm not the one fraternizing with the enemy. I still seem to have enough brains left for that", Ron sneered.

Harry face palmed himself. This was Fourth year all over again. And here he was, thinking Ron had actually grown up.
Ginny was livid. Draco was just staring impassively, not a flicker of emotion decipherable on his face.

"Might I remind you, Ronald, that you were the one who set me up for that date??!! You bet me away for a broom Ron. A BROOM!!! I may not be very good at Quidditch but even I know a person is a LOT more worth THAN A BROOM!!" she ended with a high pitched scream. Both of them now had their wands out. Ron winced. Hermione's words had hit right on the mark. But Ron was not one to give up so easy. Bloody stubborn Gryffindors that they were.

"I don't remember my life depending on you getting cozy with Malfoy. You could have returned early Hermione. You didn't have to spend the whole night with him", cried Ron with a look of pain on his face.
Hermione couldn't care less. She had had it with him and his shenanigans.

"I did not spend the whole night with him Ron. I came back before curfew... Oh forget it!! Why am I even bothering to justify myself to you? I don't care anymore Ron.." she said as she turned away to leave.

Just then, reels of ropes tangled around Hermione choking her.

"Protego!! Petrificus totalus! Hermione are you alright?" came a familiar scream rushing towards Hermione.

Hermione could hardly breathe, let alone talk, she opened her eyes wide with fear as he leaned over her, wand out. Of all the people, Draco had come to her rescue.

Wands were out everywhere. Several of the Gryffindors had wands out ready to strike at Draco. Blaise's, Nott's, Astoria's and several other girls from the Slytherin table pointing at the Gryffindor table, backing up their Captain and Slytherin Prince.

Harry  and Ginny were stunned with shock. No one expected Ron to actually attack Hermione. No one except Draco.

He loosened her ropes with a wave of his wand and examined the deep red welts the ropes had left on her skin.

"Stay here", he said and headed towards Ron.

"Just having a word, Potter!" he spat as he sensed movement from the Pothead and the Weaselette.

"Now hark this Weasel and get it straight into your thick head below all that bear fur. No body defiles what's once mine Weasel. The Slytherins have learnt it the hard way. Now, I wouldn't wish that on you for the sake of hurting Granger. So you will stay away from her, we clear?" he hissed, eyes narrowed into lethal slits. He knew Ron couldn't answer so he continued, "Next time you even dream of hurting her, know that I will find you from the depths of hell and extract proper retribution."

"I'm glad we have an understanding here", he added to Harry smiling dangerously, looking from Harry to Ginny to Ron, and turned away with a curt nod.

Draco went straight to where Hermione was lying whimpering, trying to get up. He noticed that the wound his aunt had carved out with her enchanted blade had opened up, blood trickling from the edges of the letters. She was dizzy and wobbly even on her fours.

"You are coming with me to Pomfrey, you stupid, overconfident know-it-all and you're staying there until I say so", he whispered in her ear, turning her to him, giving her a peck (A peck!!!) on her lips.

Oh how good it felt!! He had wanted to do that for ages! And now there was no one preventing him, not his father, not his mother, not his fellow pureblood supremacists. They had all slowly phased out of his life like the fog that had clouded his mind had cleared.

He picked up her small frame in his arms, bridal style, and walked away in his usual aristocratic grace, while she slipped out of consciousness.

Everyone in the Great Hall from teachers to students stared at his back -

Slytherin junior girls leering and bending over to get a look at his sexy ārse,

Blaise beaming with pride on being right,

Ginny with amusement as she felt it served her brother right,

Pansy with loathing and jealousy,

Slughorn with a look of longing as he planned to catch the promising Malfoy in his network (he had a good future if he had bagged the Gryffindor Princess), and the rest of the Hall with a mixture of horror and shock as they saw the two bitter rivals in a way they never dreamed of.

The Gryffindors were especially affected.

The Dark Prince of Slytherin had walked right into their territory and stolen their Golden Princess.

To add to everyone's nightmares, Peeves was alive (metaphorically of course) with energy at the unfolding drama. He cackled with laughter at the madness, singing away his newfound favourite song:

"The Weasel broke the beavers heart
And sold her for a Quidditch Match.
The brightest witchy of the year,
The Weasel made her shed a tear.

Brightest witchy of the year
Was gambled for a Quidditch win,
And now the beaver takes revenge
By snogging off the ferret king.
Lookie here, O Weasel King,
Their item is the latest thing."

***************************

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I know some of you might be thinking this chapter doesn't make sense or that it going too fast, but it will come together in the next few chapters, I promise (psst.. it's a surprise 😉😜). I hope you keep reading on.

Stay tuned for the next chapter: The Hunted and the Haunted. Don't forget to SHARE this book with your friends, VOTE, and COMMENT!

Until next time, Happy Reading!! 😘😘