Long Live the King and Queen

Nine years previously: Eleana's POV
"Where the hell is Aleron?!" I panicked. Dis sighed.
"Calm down, everything is going to be fine," she replied, repeating what she'd been telling me for most of that morning.
"I know Dis, I'm just nervous," I sighed, trying to calm myself down. She smiled, coming over and hugging me. She was even shorter than Thorin, and the spitting image of him too.
"I was too, on my wedding day, but you'll be fine, I promise," she smiled. I smiled back nervously.
"Thanks Dis."
~{<>}~
With all the subtlety of a foghorn, Aleron came bursting into the room.
"Sorry... I'm... Late," she gasped. I raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms disapprovingly.
"Better late than never," chuckled Dis. I rolled my eyes.
"Didn't miss me did you?" Smirked Aleron. I opened my mouth to reply, but Dis beat me to it.
"She's been panicking all morning," she commented, sounding almost bored.
"Been? I still am!" I interrupted, my tone strained. Aleron shook her head, chuckling.
"Let's get started then."
~{<>}~
*Two hours later*
I twirled, laughing. My dress was simple, with only the slightest bit of lace and pattern. My hair was wrapped around my head in braid (See above) with the bare minimum of makeup. Aleron smiled.
"You look beautiful sis," she said.
"Aye, beautiful indeed," said a voice behind her. I looked up.
"Ada," I smiled. He smiled back at me, and for a moment I thought I saw the glint of a tear in his eyes. I went over to him and he lifted me up in his arms, hugging me gently.
"Oh my little cub," he whispered. I hugged him back.
"I'll be okay Ada, I promise, Thorin will look after me," I comforted.
"He better do or he'll have me to answer to," he said. I chuckled.
"He'll have me to answer to as well," piped up Aleron, checking her hair in the mirror. Ada put me down, and I fixed my dress. Dis looked me up and down, smiling.
"Mahal knows how my brother is going to react to this," she said.
"He'll be fine," I answered, rolling my eyes.
"Speaking of Thorin," Ada said "Shouldn't we be going? We've got a wedding to attend."
~{<>}~
Thorin's POV
I bit my lip nervously, looking around at all the people. There were so many. I could see Tauriel stood by Kili, with Fili on the other side of him. Thranduial's prince was there too, Eleana had insisted we invited him. The whole company was there, sat near the front with their families, except Bilbo, who had gone home to the Shire. I felt so nervous my stomach was tying itself in knots. I glanced over at my best man, Dwalin. He smiled reassuringly, coming over and putting a brotherly hand on my shoulder.
"You okay?" He asked.
"I think so," I confessed. He chuckled.
"You'll be fine."
I raised an eyebrow, seriously doubting him.
"You'll be fine." He repeated.
~{<>}~
At that moment, the guards stationed themselves at the doors and the musicians readied themselves.
"No going back now," I murmured to myself. Dwalin quickly went back to where he was meant to be standing, giving me a supportive thumbs up. His brother, Balin, stood at the ready with a massive book in front of him. He, being one of my most trusted councillors, was to marry us. My eyes turned to the doors and as soon as they opened I felt as if my heart had stopped beating.
~{<>}~
Eleana's POV
There he was, dressed up in his armour with his sword at his side. His beautiful blue eyes never left me as I walked down the aisle, holding my father's arm. I could already feel tears forming in the corners of my eyes as I stepped up to join Thorin. My heart pounded relentlessly in my ears for the entire ceremony, and before I knew it we were at the "I do's".
"Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King of Erebor, do you take Eleana daughter of Beorn to be your lawfully wedded wife and queen?" Recited Balin.
"I do," said Thorin, slipping a plain gold band on my finger. I glimpsed an inscription on the inside but didn't get chance to read it.
"Eleana daughter of Beorn," said Balin, turning to me "Do you take, oh mahal do I have to say it all again?" There was a united chuckle throughout the congregation. I turned to Thorin with laughter in my eyes.
"I do." I slipped his ring on his finger and met his gaze. His blue eyes were full of tears of joy that he refused to let fall.
"Bring forth the crowns," said Balin.
Fili and Kili came up, holding a crown each. Thorin and I both knelt before Balin, which was trickier than you think in a wedding dress. Balin placed Thorin's crown on his head.
"Your majesty, King Thorin, would you do the honour of crowning your queen?"
"I shall," he said, standing and taking my crown from the pillow, Kili seemingly glad to be relieved of his burden.
"Eleana, daughter of Beorn, do you swear to protect the kingdom Erebor and her people?" Thorin asked.
"I will," I replied.
"Do you swear to put your duty to your people before all else, no matter what?"
"I will."
"Do you swear to stand by your King and husband and assist him in all matters?"
"I will."
Thorin gently placed the crown upon my head. I was surprised at the weight of it but didn't falter. I stood slowly, holding my head high.
"People of Erebor! I give you your King and Queen!" Proclaimed Balin.
The roaring of "Long live the King and Queen" was well and truly deafening. I turned to Thorin, tears beginning to blur my vision. He cupped my face with one hand, took my waist with the other, and kissed me as if he never would again.
~{<>}~
One year later: Thorin's POV
I paced the corridor, nervous. Eleana's cries had silenced not long before, and I was eager to hear news of my wife. We had been in the gardens, enjoying some rare time together, when she had gone into labour. I continued to pace, until one of the midwives came out an addressed me.
"Your majesty?" She asked. I immediately looked up.
"What news?"
The midwife smiled.
"Your wife and child await you."
I went into the room, as nervous as ever. Eleana was sat up in bed, holding a tiny bundle in her arms. She smiled softly at me as I came closer.
"A boy," she said, her voice a little hoarse. I gently took the bundle in my arms, looking down at the sleeping face of my son. Slowly, the baby opened his eyes and looked at me. His eyes were grey, like his mother's, and he had a few wisps of dark hair.
"What shall we call him?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the child.
"Beren," Eleana answered. I looked up, raising an eyebrow questioningly.
"That was quick."
"I've had a long time to think about this," she argued, raising an eyebrow back mockingly. I smiled at my wife, sitting beside her with our child in my arms.
"Beren it is," I said "Welcome to the world, Prince Beren of Erebor."
~{<>}~
Present Day: Eleana's POV
I went back to the Royal Apartments, exhausted. Melody lay in her father's arms, sleeping soundly. Frerin stumbled over his own feet, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Beren walked between us, holding my hand.
"Bedtime for you three I think," I said.
"But maamr..." Whined Frerin. Thorin chuckled.
"Listen to your mother Frerin," he told his youngest son. He took Melody into her room, and I took the boys into theirs. The mountain was big enough for them to have their own rooms, obviously, but they insisted on sharing. They got changed into their nightshirts and I tucked them both into bed.
"Do we have to sleep maamr?" Asked Frerin. I smiled and kissed his forehead gently.
"Sleep little one," I said softly.
"But we're not tired," piped up Beren. I chuckled softly, putting my hands on my hips theatrically.
"Well what on earth will I do?" I asked.
"Song!" Chorused the boys. I smiled.
"Shh, you'll wake your sister," I hushed.
"Song, please maamr," said Beren.
"Please," echoed Frerin. I said down on Beren's bed.
"Fine," I chuckled.
"Yay!" Cheered the two boys, coming over to me and sitting either side, leaning against me. Smiling, I softly began to sing. It was an elvish lullaby, gentle and sweet. Both boys listened intently, until their eyelids drooped and they fell asleep against me. Once the song was finished, I laid Beren down and tucked him in.
"Goodnight Beren," I whispered softy, pressing a kiss to his forehead. I picked up his brother and laid him down in his bed, somehow finding space amongst the mountain of teddy bears.
"Goodnight Frerin," I whispered again, kissing him as I did his brother. I quietly left the room, heading back to my own chambers where my husband was waiting. I changed into my nightdress and laid beside Thorin, allowing him to pull me close to his chest.
"Long day," he murmured sleepily.
"When isn't it?" I asked. Thorin gave a soft chuckle.
"Suppose you're right there."
I met my husband's gaze, unable to control a smile that crept across my face.
"What?" He asked. I leant closer until my forehead touched his.
"Or durzkak lieb, menu thane," I whispered.
"Or durzkak lieb, menu athane."
We kissed then, forgetting all else except each other. I loved the King of Erebor, and he loved me.

The End