34| Empathy

Empathy: the ability to feel other's feelings and channel them, as well as to copy other's powers.

So I decided to double-update !!! Let's just imagine that's Sage up there and not Chloe-Grace Moretz lmao.

LONG ASS CHAPTER AND PLS READ A/N AT THE END !!!

Enjoy xx

t.m.

🔮🔮🔮

H.S. // 6 Man

   "Sage? Hey I wanted to ask you-" I began to say as soon as she picked up before pausing momentarily when I heard sobbing.

   "Sage?" I repeated in a more hushed tone, worry flooding my body instantly. "Baby, are you okay? What happened?" I asked in concern, standing up from my seat and locating my car keys.

  As soon as I spoke her crying increased, the sound of them making my heart ache terribly.  

   "H-Harry," she sobbed desolately, unable to speak because of her continuous muffled sobbed. I exited my bedroom, jogging down the stairs.  

   "Where are you? I'm coming to get you," I questioned, swinging the door open and stepping outside of the house.  

   "H-Home," she managed to say, sniffling with a whimper, making my face contort with pain because of how much it hurt to even hear her cry.   

   "I'm coming for you baby, just hold on," I promised her, jumping into my car while keeping her on the line.

  As soon as I laid my eyes on her when the door swung open, my heart shattered into a million pieces. There she stood with her lower lip quivering while small crystal tears leaked from her stormy gray eyes that were full of a mixture of emotions I had yet to decipher. Her face contorted with slight relief when she saw me, immediately making me rush into the house and scoop her up into my arms. She broke down, letting out a cry so ferocious it suddenly caused tears to prick my eyes, making me blink furiously to get rid of them. 

  Her warm body was pressed firmly against mine, my arms firmly wrapped around her torso while she had hers roped over my shoulders, face buried into the crook of my neck while she cried. I bit down on my lower lip hard; wishing this ache in my heart would end due to hearing Sage crying. What the hell happened? I couldn't ask her questions right now; I only needed to be there for her and that's what I was going to do. 

  She pulled away all of a sudden, grasping the material of my t-shirt and mumbling something desperately.  

   "I-I need your p-phone," she whimpered, clambering down my body, hands rummaging around my pockets for it.  

  She quickly located it and began tapping on it immediately, before holding it to her ear. Her face contorted with relief when she got ahold of whomever she was trying to call. I watched her speak quickly, stuttering continuously before she paused momentarily to hear the other person speak. Then, her expression suddenly dropped, a desolate 'no' escaping her lips while her hand came up to cup her mouth while more tears leaked from her eyes.

  She ended the call, still in shock before she began to sob again, this time they were filled with more pain and sadness.  

   "Baby," I sighed softly, walking over to her and tugging her gently into my arms.  

  She curled her limbs around my abdomen, burying her face into my chest while I murmured comforting words to her, pressing a kiss to her hairline while stroking her curls. After a few more minutes of crying and standing there by the doorway, Sage's sobs lessened, pulling away to suggest going to her room instead. Once we were there, she disappeared into her bathroom to change into something more comfortable. I waited while she was in there, chewing on my lower lip anxiously while fiddling with my fingers.