Chapter Ten;

"Bash, there you are," Kenna beamed as she opened the door belonging to her's and Bash's room. "Alaina said you were here, but I hardly believed it to be true."

"Yes, well I only have a moment," he said as he searched around the room for something unknown to Kenna. "Something's just come up."

"Again?"

"Yes, again," he replied, standing up straight to look at his wife. "What is it? What do you want to tell me? I can tell you have something to say."

"Well, I've just come back from Alaina's-"

"Yes, she did tell me that you are now one of her ladies-in-waiting."

"Well, I was speaking to one of her inner ladies, Natalie," she looked down at her hands.

"What is it, Kenna?"

"Natalie said that I have the potential to become one of Alaina's inner ladies," she told him quietly.

"And to be one of Alaina's elite ladies, it comes with a price. Yes, I know Alaina very well, Kenna, may I remind you she and I have a daughter together."

"But is it worth it? Pledging my loyalty only to her?" she asked, looking up at him slowly.

"Being one of her ladies does indeed have its benefits, even I can't deny that," Bash sighed. "But are luxurious items worth it in exchange for your friend's happiness? And could you possibly be up to all the tasks required of you? Kenna, Alaina requires her ladies to be able to wield a sword and to slaughter men."

"Yes, I know..."

"Do you? Or are you just blinded by the fancy gowns they wear and their jewels?"

"Well... No... but Natalie sees potential in me."

"Natalie? Natalie is just testing your loyalty to Mary. Kenna, these women are highly trained to manipulate people, you can not trust them."

"So what do I do then?" Kenna asked quietly as she sat down. "Do I tell Mary? What if she wants me to say that I do? What then?"

Bash walked over to his wife, taking her hands in his and kneeling down in front of her. "Kenna, I think it is best if you remain out of this. Nothing good will come of this if you continue to further invest yourself into their problems. The most I can do is speak to both on your behalf, but that is all I can do for you."

She looked at Bash and smiled sweetly, "Thank you," she said.

"You're welcome," he stood up and smiled. "Now there is one problem you can meddle in."

"Oh?" he pulled her to her feet.

"Yes, getting my daughter and me together. Alaina believes you will be the perfect woman for the job."

"Does she really?" she asked, surprised.

"Yes, it seems not only Natalie believes you have great potential."

This is probably the shortest chapter ever and for that, I am sorry. I'm just really tired and can not think of what else to add on to this. Soooo... I hope you enjoy it and hopefully, I will have more up either later or tomorrow.