Sixteen

Harry left for the day and declared he won't be back until five. He told me he wanted dinner prepared by the time he got back so I'll have to figure something out.

I've spent the day doing all the chores I needed too. All I have to do still is tidy his room, then I can start dinner.

I open his door and reappear into his messy bedroom. The room itself is quite beautiful but it's covered by clutter. I grab a laundry basket and start picking up all the random articles of black clothing on the ground. Black t shirts, black jeans, black socks, black boxers. The only piece of clothing he had that's not black is his grey track pants.

I throw it all into the basket that starts to overflow and place it in his closet. Harry hasn't showed me where the laundry room was yet so I assume that is something I'll have to do tomorrow.

I make his bed all nice and arrange the pillows on it so it's aesthetically pleasing, all his decorative pillows were on the floor, shoved in the corner of his room.

His bed is unbelievably soft, softer then mine. I run my hands across the pleasant texture of his comforter and find my self amused by something so stupid.

I look over at his nightstand and see the untouched tall glass of the smoothie I made him this morning. I huff and roll my eyes at his wastefulness of perfectly good fruit. He probably didn't drink it because it's pink, I wouldn't be surprised considering how stubborn Mr. Harry Styles is.

I realize his nightstand has a shelf under it with numerous black leather books. I furrow my brows in curiosity of what they are. Should I take one out?

They have no writing on the spin, so I'm confused of what they could be. Their is about ten of them there.

My mind battles with what to do. Do I be snoopy and look? Or do I mind my own business? I'll just mind my own business, but maybe I'll come back to that.

I grab some more trash around the room and bring it out to the kitchen to throw it out. Harry had at least 12 empty water bottles in his room. I throw them all in the trash and immediately start to think about what to make for dinner. I am a terrible cook, so I really have no idea what I could make that would be good and easy.

I surf through the cupboards and try to find a solution to my issue. I find some uncooked noodles and two jars of marinara sauce so I guess spaghetti it is.

Spaghetti shouldn't be too hard. I just have to boil the pasta and heat up the sauce considering it's already pre-made. I boil some water in a pot on the burner and have another pot with the sauce, heating that up. What can possibly go wrong with this?

I throw my hair up into a lazy ponytail so it's out of my face and not falling everywhere when I'm preparing food. I feel like today has dragged on so long and I'm exhausted. Today was the first day where I had to clean all day, so I really need a shower because I feel gross.

I throw in the noodles after the scolding water starts to bubble. I wonder how long these need to sit in the water...

I can't believe how terrible I am at making simple dishes. Back at home, my mom did all the cooking all the time, and she loved it. You would think that because my mom was an amazing cook, I would know a few things myself, but it's the exact opposite. When my mom cooked, she needed to be left alone. Cooking brought her into her own little world and no one was allowed to bug her. So we all left her when she was in the kitchen and she eventually came out with these incredible meals. Maybe I should of bought some sort of cooking magazine at the store the other day; if they even carry those.

I take the sauce off the burner and place it to the side while letting the noodles still cook. If this goes well, then I'll be very proud of myself.