101 -1x06

Sometimes things are easy and sometimes things are hard. Waking up in the morning was one of the things that was hard for Eira. She most definitely didn't like to awakened from her sleep. It was very precious to her and she got even more moody about it now that she was pregnant.

    So, when she was awoken by Klaus peppering her face with kisses, she pushed him away sluggishly with her arms. She didn't really push him, though, she couldn't. He was the Original hybrid, the only way she was pushing him is if he allowed himself to be pushed away.

   And he didn't. He stayed hovering over her, waiting for her. She blinked her eyes a couple times, groaning in the process because she wanted to go back to sleep. Once she was awake a bit, she looked up at him and huffed. He just smirked down at her. He smirked.

   That was the wrong thing to do.

She huffed and turned on her side, away from looking up at him, "I'm going back to sleep. Which means you need to go someplace else and stop bothering me."

   "I'm bothering you. All I'm doing is kissing you. That's a bother, now?" Klaus asked, baffled.

   Eira hummed and nodded her head on her pillow, her eyes closing again. Klaus rolled his eyes, but he kissed her forehead before getting out of the bed. Eira fell back asleep again once she wasn't disturbed.

   _____________________

   Eira awoke again much later. Her eyes blinked multiple times and she laid in bed for a moment before unwrapping herself from the covers. She noticed Klaus was gone in her sleepy reverie as she walked to bathroom in her room. She started her morning by brushing her teeth and taking a shower.

      Rebekah had gone downstairs and entered the living room where Elijah was sitting in a chair reading a book, Klaus was sitting on the couch also reading a book, and Kol was lounging in the chair with his feet hanging off the arm, looking bored as he held a book in his hands, trying to read. There was a dead girl with bite marks on her neck, bleeding out on the coffee table.

    Rebekah was incredulous, "So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?"

   "Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus stated.

   "Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus," Elijah agreed.

    "Well, it's most definitely boring," Kol chimed in.

    "And what's this business?" Rebekah gestured to the dead girl.

     "This is a....," Elijah searched for a word. "....peace offering."

     "I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish," Klaus spoke.

    "And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth," Elijah was annoyed and he gestured towards the body. "Not this nonsense."

   "The nonsense, as you put it, was very delicious. I think I want another one," Kol voiced his thoughts.

   "Where's your little girlfriend, Nik? She's not boring and it's easy to make her laugh," Kol wondered.

   Klaus scowled and Elijah commented, "I wouldn't go near the girl, Kol. You might end up daggered because of it."

   Klaus frowned and rolled his eyes, guiltily. Klaus was about to make a remark, but Eira walked into the room, capturing his attention. She walked in with Stefan next to her and they both stopped and frowned at the dead girl on the table. They had the same frown.