16. Easy there trigger happy smurf

I had no intention of updating again today. But the comments-as funny as they were to me-made me feel slightly bad.

Slightly.

So here you go!

Enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

I feel like I can't breathe.

I feel like I'm gasping for a breath I can't get in.

It's different this time. I've lost people many times before but...he shouldn't have done it. I'd give anything for him to come back...

Just so I could kill him myself.

"You're an idiot," I mumble into his shirt. I don't even feel my own injuries. "Open your eyes please," I beg, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Please."

I feel a hand on my shoulder I turn to look at Devin. He says nothing but he doesn't remove his hand. His face is solemn, and he gives me the one look I hate more than anything.

Pity.

"What happened?" He asks softly as if talking to a child. I can barely see through the tears I refuse to let fall. I open my mouth but no words come out. I try again.

"He tried to get us all into the office," I reply, my voice surprisingly calm but quiet. "He didn't make it in," I whisper, looking back at him, his eyes closed. "He kicked the door shut before Lydia finished him off."

I bury my face back into his shirt. I don't want any of them to see me cry.

My hands are covered in blood by now, some of it's mine, but most of it's his. It stays quiet as nobody dares to say anything to me, as they take it all in.

My hands slide over the wounds on his chest, getting coated with his blood even more. It's a reminder, it's proof.

Suddenly my hand stops and I lift my head up from his chest. I smear his blood between my fingers. It's sticky and thick...but there's something else.

I rub it in between my fingers some more and I realize what it is about it that isn't right.

Shock is the first thing that I feel, then relief, and then...

The anger flowing through my body is enough to make my blood boil and make me forget about my pain entirely. I raise my hand up and with as much force as I can muster...

I slap him. Hard.

The skin on skin contact echoes through the quiet room followed closely by gasps as if they can't believe that I just slapped a dead man.

Oh, he's dead alright.

The last thing that can be heard echoing through the room is laughter...his laughter.

He is so beyond dead.

He laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world for him to give me a heart attack, I slam the fist of my good arm down on his chest repeatedly.

"You stupid, idiotic, ass!" I growl and he continues laughing. "You are so dead you son of-"

He restrains my arm before I can do any further damage to myself or him.

He lifts his head up to look at Henri. "Why aren't you slapping the back of her head? Do you hear the mouth she has on her?"

Henri shrugs but a smile threatens to split across his face. "She's injured."