" feeble since the accident "

starring: human!makkachin and yuri plisetsky
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).
heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then. 

enjoy.

***

"makkachin." yuri called out to his 22-year-old friend, mariya, or makkachin as he and her other friends call her. "can you come here?"

"come where? near you?" makkachin asked, raising an eyebrow. yuri only nodded and it was enough answer for makkachin to do as she was told to. once she was near to yuri, he asked her to bend down a little (since makkachin was older, she was also taller). makkachin didn't ask why, she just bent down like she was asked to do.

she was about to stand up again when she felt a hand on her head. it was yuri's hand, no doubt. and it was... patting her? "uhm, yuri, what are you doing?"

"petting you, obviously." yuri answered and continued to run his fingers on her hair.. "thanks."

instantly, makkachin relaxed into his touch. she had been under a lot of stress lately, and no one had been trying to talk to her, it only made her stress worse. "what happened?" 

"i haven't heard from otabek in more than a month now..." with a sigh, he stopped running his fingers on her hair and told her to stand up. "well, i haven't had a decent conversation with viktor and yuuri... and everyone ever." makkachin replied with a slight chuckle.

"guess we need more comfort, huh?" yuri's lip curved a small smile, and seeing that smile made makkachin smile as well, "yeah, we need a lot of comfort."

"how'd you like to stay with me for a while instead of that old man, huh?" he asked, and by old man, he was referring to makkachin's long time friend (and brother, not biologically), viktor. makkachin and viktor live under the same house.

"i'd like that." she agreed. "i mean, i'd rather be in your house than in viktor's where there is no one else but me."

"he's such an idiot, he really needs to pay you more attention." yuri added and took her hand, dragging her across a snowy path to where his house might be. 

"he's busy, and i know that as much." she replied, letting him hold her hand and pull her to his house's direction. "i wonder why sometimes he forgets i'm here." 

"i think he thinks of himself first." the blond said while making a 'tsk' sound. "whenever you're feeling down, you know you can just as to visit, right? i'm not really busy when i'm not competing and you can come to the rink to watch me practice."

"i've never been to a rink before, honestly. it's not like vitya doesn't want me to come along, i just am not allowed."

yuri turned to look at her, "seriously?" so you've never seen anyone skate in person?"

"i've been watching through live stream."

"now i have to take you, i'll show you just how impressive it is and you'll sure to feel better!" 

makkachin's lips held a big smile after yuri's remark. with tiny sparkles in her eyes, she nodded and held his hand tighter, "yes, please! take me to an ice rink!"

"alright, if yakov gets pissed because you're not an actual skater, i'll just threaten to tell lilia or something." makkachin laughed at what he said and honestly, that made yuri chuckle a little. "and maybe i'll buy you a pair of ice skates sometime."

"that's so sweet, yuri. but i can barely stand on frozen water. and i'm not as flexible. i won't be able to skate-"

"that's how i started too, you know? i can barely stand on the ice when i was a kid and my grandfather used to laugh and help me all the time." by the time yuri finished talking, they were in front of his house. removing his hand on hers, he walked to the front door and took the key from his jacket pocket. once the door was unlocked, he invited her in and the first thing she did was look for his pet cat. yuri only followed her to the living room, watching her play with his cat.

"i'll teach you how to skate." he said which made makkachin turn to look at him, "no way, seriously?" she asked, eyes slightly wide.

"don't worry, i won't let anything bad happen to you. it's going to be a lot of fun." yuri held a thumbs up and grinned.

"goodness, yes please!"

***

note: this is only the first part of the story. i'm really sorry but it's already 11.18 am in my country and i have to go to school before 12.30 nn. i'll update the second part as soon as i'm home at around 7.00 pm. 

and since this is a second part, i'll let you read some of the lines that will be in the second part.

"hey, yuri? i wonder why you hide this side of yours. it's heavenly." makkachin asked, looking at the teen. she blinked and looked down again. she didn't really want to ask that question but it somehow slipped out of her mind. "you know, never mind that question-- it's stupid."

***

yuri let her rest her head on his shoulder as he stared at the ice rink in front of them. teaching her how to skate was difficult, but worth it. he laughed at her every time she fall down and it would make the older pout and try again.

"...makkachin?"