Chapter 22: Past Revelations!

Evelyn's POV

He held me to his chest as we moved together in between the crowd. He held me so close that no one could even touch a hair on my body. Drunk people around us everywhere. Some drunk. Some onto each other. And here I still have someone with me too. At times like this I feel so secure in his arms.

"Shit! I had called my driver to pick the car, and he's taken it now." He sounded frustrated.

"You were going to spend the night here?" I asked. But just the thought of him with a girl got me upset. Of course, which wife wouldn't be. I'm not in love so... no I am in love. What! I'm so confused.... I squeezed my eyes shut, as I buried my face in his chest.

"Yes, I was planning to actually stay the night here" He said carefully expecting some reaction from me. When I didn't reply he continued "But not with a girl... if that's what you're thinking." He finished as he pulled the jacket, he was wearing to cover me as well.

"Yes, I know. I heard Daniel" I mocked at him.

"Evelyn..." he growled into my ear warning me.

"What?!" I hissed back at him.

"Don't start again Evelyn. Please... We'll go home and then we can sit and talk" He said kissing my forehead.

"Do we take a cab now or wait for your car?" I asked.

"Yeah give me a minute, I'll call Mark" he said.

"No let it be... we'll catch a cab anyways it's too late, he might be sleeping.... Can we go to my house?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows at that but nodded anyway.

"Did you eat anything before you drank?" He asked sternly.

"You don't have to fake care about me. I too do know the reasons why we got married. Love was definitely not one." I said clutching his shirt tightly now.

"Yes, I do remember that. Love will never be the reason. But you are still my responsibility!" He said and pushed me away from him. I suddenly felt too cold, the warm husband I just knew had vanished instead of him was a cold monster who always hurt me. If not physically but verbally.

I just couldn't stand on my own without his support. I was leaning on to a streetlamp. He waved at a cab to stop but it didn't. He hardly waved at three cabs and he was already frustrated. Just then a familiar vehicle parked itself in front of him. And out came...

Nicholas's POV

"Mark? What are you doing here?" I questioned. He was in his usual stiff form.

"Sir, I think you should get in the car... and... your wife" he said breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?" I asked calmly. "Answer Mark" I said gruffly.

"Sir we have found the men following your wife. They were here before you entered the club. They are actually following only her" he said carefully.

Evelyn's POV

I saw Nick speaking to the driver who looked oddly familiar. Nick neared me and he pulled me into his arms as I was unable to stand on my own, swaying from here to there. "Come let's go home now" he said, his voice stiff.

"Who is this?" I whispered into his ear. I thought I was quiet but the man in front of me looked awkward listening to my questioning tone as I was probably looking at him with scrutiny.

"This is Mark" he replied.

"Mark? Mark! Mark... as in Mark?" I repeated. "Mark did you get done a surgery? That's what I thought you look oddly familiar" I slurred with a smile while he stood wide eyed with my confession.