Seventeen

I slowly open my eyes to the ruffling noises coming from Harry's room. I groan and look over at the clock next to me. 5:30 am!

Kill me now.

Why the hell does he get up so early? He doesn't leave for work until like 9! I toss and turn in the comforter, trying to go back to sleep but can't. I should be sleeping for at least another hour until my alarm goes off.

Back at home I would have to get up at 8. 8 o'clock was considered so early for me, but now I would be so lucky to get to sleep that late. I quickly come to the realization that I'm not gonna be able to go back to sleep because of all the noise he is making.

I pull my feet over the side of the bed and stand up, slowly so I don't get dizzy.

My hand still feels a bit irritated in pain, but it was nothing compared to yesterday. I walk over to the dresser and grab a change of clothes, a hairbrush and some makeup. I lay them all out in the bed so they are all organized for when I get back. My towel hangs in the chair nicely so I grab it and walk towards the door.

If Harry is gonna wake me up this early from all the ruckus, then I mind as well have a shower. I open the door and tiptoe past Harry's door and to the washroom. His door is shut but I really just want to avoid confrontation with him, like usual.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and hang the towel on the rack. I start the shower so the warm water splashes against the far wall. I run my hands through it to temp it and when it feels right, I start to undress.

I unravel my gauze and look at my bright red burn that is starting to go purple around the edges. I wonder if that's good or bad...

I leave the gauze on the counter and carefully undress myself, letting my clothes fall to the floor. I step into the shower and let the soothing water wash down my body. I hesitantly run my burned hand under the water and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The water gently drapes over my hand and it doesn't feel as pleasant as warm water does, but it doesn't make it feel any worse.

My burn needs to breathe anyway. It's been in that tight wrap for twelve hours. I grab the shampoo and pour the small amount in my hand before lathering it down my long hair.

My mind ponders back the other day when Harry held me over the railing. The evil flooded his dark eyes and he plastered a smirk on his face as he watched me beg for my life. He enjoyed every minute of the fear he was putting me through. The way his big hand grasped my throat and dangled me off the second floor, while I was wrapping my legs around him and trying to get a firm grasp on the railing and his forearm. His eyes scanned my horizontal aligned body as he got pleasure from my horror

Then my thoughts quickly go to yesterday. The way he jogged over to me with worry when I hurt myself from the scolding water. The way he ran my hand under the cold water and rubbed in the cream ever so gently. His eyes were mildly scanning my hand as he wrapped it. The room was silent, you could hear nothing other then the quiet sounds of our breathing. His features were relaxed and soft, as he drew his eyes to mine. In that moment, I felt no utter fear. I didn't exactly feel safe, but I felt protected.

I never know how to act around this mysterious man, and I don't know how he is ever going to act around me. I need to get out of this place, I need to plan an escape. I don't think I could live under this mans discipline for the rest of my life. I cannot be cooped up in this apartment, waiting for him to get home and yell at me for something I do wrong.

I will go insane.

I'm never gonna apply to anything in my life. I'm never going to get a job, get married, buy a beautiful house, have kids, and grow old with my husband.

Instead, I'm going to probably die at a very young age. Harry will one day snap and throw me over the railing most likely. Or he will just pull out a gun and shoot me right between the eyes for something I did wrong.

I push all of those thoughts to the back of my mind and continue washing my hair and body. I turn off the shower and ring out my hair to get rid of all the access water trapped in it.

I step out onto the black mat and grab the white towel on the counter that I brought in. Wrap it around my body so it's tight around my chest. I walk to the sink and take out my toothbrush, grabbing the toothpaste and putting a bit on the bristles.

I run the toothbrush under the water and start to brush my teeth. My hair is messily over my left shoulder and still dripping down my skin but I don't really care.

Harry walks in abruptly in a pair of black track pants with the boxer band peaking at the top. His bare chest stands prominent with the metal chain resting peacefully on it.

I quickly spit the toothpaste into the sink and turn to him in shock.

"Harry you can't barge in!" I tighten the towel around myself.

"Sorry who's apartment is this?" He crosses his arms and looks pissed.

I huff and turn back around, looking at him through the mirror.

"Some privacy would be nice." I pick up my toothbrush and keep bringing my teeth.

"Hey I don't respect much, but I always respect privacy. The only reason I came in was because you've been in here for a half an hour and I needed to get ready." He scans my body up and down, making me shift slightly.

"What if I was naked?" I knit my eyebrows together.

"Well sweetheart, that's a chance I was willing to take." He smirks and walk over to the sink, grabbing his toothbrush.

I roll my eyes at his pervert remark. I feel very on edge that he is standing right next to me while nothing but a towel keeps me covered.

He spreads the toothpaste on his toothbrush and starts to brush his teeth like me. We both look in the mirror and stand in silence other then the echoes of the brushing. His body stands quite more intimidating next to mine. He's tall and buffer then me, which I knew already but I never looked at us next to each other like this; side by side.

I spit into the sink and speak before brushing again.

"I don't feel comfortable with you being in here while in not dressed." I mumble and look at him through the mirror.

He smirks and shakes his head, leaning over and spitting into the sink.

"You think I'm gonna just rip this towel off of you?" He tugs lightly at the side of it, making me step away.

"Harry-" I start.

"Well I'm not. I respect privacy remember." He plasters a cocky smirk before turning back to the mirror and brushing his teeth.

I let go of the breath I was holding and timidly brush my teeth again.

Asshole.

I finish brushing my teeth and spit into the sink for the last time. I place the toothbrush back into the cabinet and turn around, leaving Harry alone in the bathroom without sharing another word.

//
COMMENT AND VOTE! XX ❤️