Chapter 27.

~Bethany~

"I can't believe I tried ta lie and say she ain't look like me." August said and we shared a laugh.

"Neither can I." I replied as we both looked down at our baby girl asleep in her crib. "I'm glad you made the decision to be in her life."

From the corner of my eye, I saw him turn to look at me.

" If I'm in Angel's life then I'm in yours too."

"Not necessarily..." He raised an eyebrow. "Nevermind."

"Mhmm. Now when is lunch time around here. A nigga got the munchies like a mofo!" He started rubbing his stomach.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Relax." He laughed when he saw the look on my face. "I'm completely sober, I swea'. But I am hungry tho. Ain't had no real food since I left Cali this morning."

"Oh that's perfect. I wanted to take you somewhere to eat and show you around Atlanta a little. Your own personal model/tour guide." I smirked and flipped my hair.

"Oh yeah I forgot you was lil Ms. Model now." He bit the corner of his lip and looked me up and down. "You look good baybeh."

I smiled and felt my face heat up.

"Thank you."

"No problem." He grinned.

I awkwardly broke eye contact after a few seconds.

"So um...I'll just, go uh...we'll meet downstairs in 10." I muttered before walking out of the room quickly.

Ugh!

Over a year later and he still had this effect on me.

~•August•~

I chuckled to myself.

I see she still gets nervous around me.

That's my girl.

I leaned down into the crib and placed a gentle kiss on Angel's chubby cheek and then stared for a few seconds.

Wow, she's beautiful.

Thank you God for blessing me with my Angel.

I smiled to myself before walking downstairs.

~•Bethany•~

"I don't understand why this is such an issue for you." I groaned, slipping the dress over my head.

"It's an issue because I don't trust that nigga." Nathan mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and walked back into the bedroom.

"And why is that?"

"I just know the minute he has some time alone with you, he's gonna make a move. I just fucking know it!"

I cringe slightly as he punched the palm of his hand.

"Would you mind not raising your voice at me? And for Christ's sake, relax. August has been here all of two hours and he hasn't done anything for you to be upset about."

"I don't fucking care how long he's been here. When will he be leaving?"

I turned away from him.

"Whenever he or I decides that he should." I replied simply, fluffing my hair in my full-length mirror.

"Seriously? You really about to let this nigga stay up in your house with your daughter-"

I spun around quickly.