Chapter Thirty One

I walked out the shop, losing my appetite for the coffee that I was previously looking forward to. I couldn't believe Ashley's still not over what happened all those years ago. I mean how could she throw away our friendship like that? Our friendship that we've had for ages, the friendship that survived so much.

Of course I still remember how our friendship fell apart as well as it happened yesterday. How much I wish I could go back and change everything that happened. In fact I was being a little selfish for blaming it all on her, after all I was partially at fault, even though I was drunk and made a stupid mistake I still screwed up.

But I guess karma just gave me what I deserved, because in the end she ended up being happy with Jesse whilst I'm still completely heartbroken over Nate; unable to move on. Even though it's been five years I still can't get over him, still can't get over his gorgeous brown eyes, soft brown hair, and of course his million dollar smile which made every girl around him melt. I still remember what it was like to have his strong arms around me, his fingers in my hair, his soft lips on mine and what it was like to sleep with his arms draped around me.

So much has happened in my life it's not even funny. I swear my whole life story could be into one of those drama series. Expect without the happy ending because we all know I'm not going to have that, because let's face it, how could I possibly have a happy ending? I've lost my best friend who meant the world to me, I lost my grandfather at a very young age, I lost my innocence to a sick bastard, I lost another best friend because of a stupid thing called feelings, I lost the one man that I truly loved and my brother's barely breathing because of the worst fucking disease ever. My life's too fucked up to get a happy ending.

I ran a hand through my hair and shook my thoughts away as I reached the front porch to Natasha's house. I opened the door walked in and went straight to the room I was staying in. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

****

I peeked my eyes open only to be blinded by the sunshine streaming from the window. Looks like no one's been in here since I fell asleep.

I looked at the digital clock on the pedestal and seen that it was 7:06 am. I groaned, it was still too early for me to get up in the summer.

After fruitless attempts at getting sleep again, I got out of bed and decided to shower.

After my shower I headed downstairs to the kitchen to see that no was there yet. Feeling bored and wanting to get my mind off things, I decided to help Natasha out and cook breakfast.

I opened the fridge, grabbed a pack of bacon and a couple of eggs and proceeded to the stove. After making two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon, i made two slices of toast along with two pork bangers each, some grilled mushrooms and tomato.

I was about to keep it in the fridge until Natasha and Daniel got up but as soon as I opened the fridge door I seen them walking down.

"Something smells good," I heard Natasha comment.

"I made breakfast," I told her and laid the two plates of food on the kitchen nook.

"Wow you should come stay here more often." She said and chuckled.

"This actually tastes good." Daniel commented after tasting it.

"You expected it to taste bad?" I raised a brow.

"Well yeah, you don't look like you can actually cook."

I was about to retort until I heard my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID and seen that it was Ethan.

"What?" I answered, cutting out the unnecessary hellos.

"So nice to hear your polite greeting." He said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.