48

[harry’s pov]

She looked just as surprised as I felt. But it wasn’t till her hands covered in the far too long sleeves flew up to cover her mouth as in a try to take back the words, that I realised she was wearing my sweater.

I was normally good at finding the right words to say - or to write. But seeing her in that piece of way too familiar fabric. Seeing how it fell perfectly all the way to her mid thigh and the open neck of sweater was way too large. Seeing how her hands were completely hidden, how I could just make out her figure under the dark grey woolen material and that her body was kept warm in my sweater - it made me speechless. A piece of seemingly random clothing on somebody else. Only it was far from random to me and it filled me with a strange warmness that made a fluttering feeling rush through me. That pulled the corners of my lips into an undefeatable beam and made the blood rush through me with heat.

As I didn’t utter a word - I could see how she grew slightly more nervous, as I simply just stared in complete awe and kept smiling - occasionally a silent chuckle escaped my lips. Her eyes which were the perfect mixture of blue and green grew shy and she moved one arm to simply cross her buddy, as she tried keeping back the smile.

I forced myself to look away before she would think of me as a total creep - but the smile I couldn’t fight, so that stayed in perfect place.

“So you’re Aria’s nephew? Why didn’t I know that before?” You could just sense the bubbling excitement under the surface of her tone and glittering eyes, even the lively blush in her cheeks.

Her voice brought me back to reality and I peeked up at her again - she was still just as messily beautiful and relaxed as before.

“Hmm-mm, I thought you knew? I thought Jenny might have told you?” I had to seriously put myself together in order to not just cross that small damn entrance and obey the screaming, craving command from my heart that yelled at me to just kiss her. I gulped and took a deep breath as I watched her narrow her eyes and a frown of light confusion covering her features.

And meanwhile she had absolutely no idea the struggle going on inside of me. Instead I could just see how she held her arms tightly crossed before her chest, though not as if to seem unwilling or enclosed. Her face was way to open and positive for that - I wondered if maybe she felt the same then? If she had to cross her arms tightly in order to not cross the entrance too and …

I seriously had to get my mind straight otherwise I would most certainly lose it.

How the hell could this only be the third time I had met her? Yet it felt like there was no one in the world I could trust every thought of mine with - other than her.

A hum came from her as in wonder over my answer, “no Jenny didn’t tell me actually. But it makes so much sense - no hard feelings but Marc and I were kind of well … wondering how she had gotten the job. I mean she’s amazing - but well we just. Well it just seemed like she wasn’t all… you know. She can be a little…” her eyes were travelling swiftly around briefly resting on my face and then to the floor or her arms.

“She’s a little clumsy yeah - I know what you mean. That’s also the reason she has had about 6 different jobs - I think - only this year. So I get your point,” I was surprised over how gathered and calm my voice sounded, when my entire being was practically trembling to get to touch her again.

Amber nodded at my answer, “yeah okay. Yes, exactly that.” She held a small break holding my gaze till her lips parted again, “ehm and hi Harry.”  

She laughed and seemed to loosen up a little as she let her arms fall down her side with a crooked smile on those awfully desirable lips.

“Hi Amber,” she rolled her eyes at our awkwardness I reckoned and tried fighting the smile, which simply made me chuckle, “so what are you doing in my aunt’s apartment?” I dared moving closer as I took out my hands from the pockets and slipped out of the jacket.

[amber’s pov]

Holy shit. Shit shit shit. How could anybody slip out of a bloody winter jacket and look more attractive than an entire bunch of Abercrombie and Fitch models? The flush on his cheekbones from the climb of the stairs still lingered softly, his face was just so beautiful I lost my breath every time he smiled. As he hung up the jacket I let the facade of mine shatter, as I bit down softly and quickly on my index finger on my already fisted hand. Holy crap he looked so good.

As he turned I rapidly let my hand fall down my side praying he hadn’t seen my act of complete meltdown. Focus. Focus. What had he been asking? I took a deep breath and smiled at him.

“I’m looking after Daisy actually - apparently Aria got a date tonight?”

Holy crap. He was right there. What was this! My life wasn’t supposed to be a cliche movie! As I had stated Daisy’s name out loud I had immediately gotten the urge to check on her, which made me take the few steps and enter the living room - glad to hear he was following me.

“She got a date?!” Harry whispered utterly surprised, “are you kidding me? With whom?”

I was glad he had whispered, as we both had taken in the view of the living room floor on which Daisy lay on the blanket with closed eyes and a peaceful expression - deep asleep.

It was so strange with him knowing Aria probably better than I did. It seemed to me the strings between our lives had been more tightly bonded somehow, than we had even known. So maybe our random meets were simply a matter of statistics? Eventually we would have to meet right?

“I have no idea whom it was with actually,” I turned my gaze from Daisy to Harry, who stood closer than I had expected, “but she was totally dressed up. She looked amazing!” And he smelled so good.

He looked down at me, having seen him watch Daisy had been magical. It had been so easy to see his care for that little girl. What was their family relation? She must be his cousin I reckoned. It was still surreal for me to combine Aria and Daisy with being Harry’s family.

I watched as he looked back at me still totally surprised, “wow. Well I’m glad for her then. She deserves it.” And he really did seem genuinely happy, as his eyes floated back to rest on Daisy and her blonde hair, all cuddled up in the middle of the cushions and the blanket.

My eyes were nailed on him though - trying to figure out every detail about him as if I could read it in the way he watched her and the way his jawline appeared so sharp and perfect. The way the muscles ran down his neck under the tanned smooth skin - you could just make out the faint color of a vein. But if Aria was his aunt - was that on his mother's side or his father's?

I tried recalling what she had told me about her family relations. I knew she had lived in New York City at some point, but truthfully she hadn’t said much.

With a soft smile he took a few steps entering the room fully - till he was standing next to Daisy. He kneeled down and with a gentle move lifted her off the floor. I watched how the tendons in his tanned lower arm moved, which were visible as he had rolled the sleeves to his elbows. His beautiful tattoos seeming alive as he lifted her easily.

I could just hear him whisper a ‘hi Daisy’ to her, as her sleepy eyes tried to open. Instead she merely nugded herself into his grey shirt and took a light hold of the fabric. He sent me the widest and proudest grin as I made room for him in the doorway, so he could continue into Daisy’s bedroom. Meanwhile my heart had literally melted to a puddle of feelings.  

Please vote & comment

a/n: okay a few things -- I made an 'ask.fm' so if you got questions for this story (or just for me though I'm pretty boring) you can leave them here; ask.fm/arietemx [the link is on my profile too ^^]

secondly -- imagine if harry and amber could ask each other ANY questions - which should they be? Leave some you want them to ask each other bellow in a comment :D I would really appreciate your suggestions ! :)

thirdly -- @mycrofts_cake made a super cute banner for this story :') x thanks love -- you can see it in the sidebar!

xx