Chapter 15

I suppose everything seemed normal on the outside but I was hurting, I was in pain, I thought I'd felt enough pain this year but no, not at all, Jace had to put on last tear in my heart, it's cliche but a heart can only take so much pain before it breaks, and mines had it, it's no longer full. What's life for me now? Sleep, school, sleep and sometimes cry. I know people were looking at me and judging me, some murmured that I've gone crazy, I'm completely off the rails, maybe they were right.

"Katie why don't you go out? It's a Friday night, surely the boys or girls want to do something?"
"I don't want to mum"
"What's wrong Katie? You've been a complete wreck since that party" she was right.
"Nothing, everything is fine"
"No your not"
"I really am mum, I just don't want to go out" she sighed passing me the remote.
"Well I'm off to bed, I work tomorrow, if you decide to do something with your life lick the door"

I took her advice and decided to do something. I grabbed the 6 pack of vodka soda cans in the fridge, turned off the TV and went and sat on the porch chair cracking open a can. This counts as going out doesn't it?

I don't know if it's because I was on my 5th can and my eyes were starting to get tired of if I was actually seeing what I was seeing, and what I thought I saw was a car pulling up in front of my house and Jace stepping out of the car walking up our path, to my house. I stayed quiet hoping to blend into the couch. I watched as he went to ring the door bell but something caught his eye, a can, the can I threw earlier. He turned squinting at "Katie?"
"Come to stab my heart again? Well your too late, it's already broken" he stood still not moving, just staring at me "why are you here Jace?"
"Well apart from the fact you've been distant these past weeks, your mum called me, worried"
"She has nothing to worry about" I squished the empty can in my hand aiming it at him but it fell short, he frowned crushing it with his foot walking towards me sitting on a chair near me. I didn't speak, he didn't speak, it was a just silent and I didn't like it.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing Jace"
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing god dammit"
"Katie what the fuck is wrong with you?" I broke eye contact reaching for my last can, he tried to snatch it but he failed thankfully "answer me" bossy bossy boy, at least I've got alcohol. I took a sip and could feel him staring daggers at me "Katie" if I'm good at one thing it's ignoring people. I went to put the cold can to my lips again but he grabbed it from my tossing it out onto the lawn, I shoved him back.
"What the fuck Jace?" I yelled but he just smirked, I shoved him but he stood his ground, so I shoved again and he didn't even move, I pounded my fists on his chest trying to inflict pain "why" I screamed, I didn't even realise I was crying till Jace grabbed my wrists and wiped a tear away, for that split second I just wanted to fall into his arms and hug him but I didn't, I did the opposite, I walked away, I closed my door and crawled to the couch removing any emotion from earlier.

I closed my eyes and laid awake for hours and I didn't hear Jace leave, his car didn't start and I didn't hear the creak of the porch symbolising he was gone. He sat on my porch all night and I couldn't care less.

**
"why do we have to watch glee?"
"Liam if you don't want to watch it your more than welcome to leave"
"But I miss my friend"
"And I miss Finn Hudson" he groaned screaming into a pillow beside him on the couch making me smile. Liam had noticed something going on between me and Jace but he was smart enough to not ask questions, so instead he insisted to come over for a binge session, but now he's sick of glee and I'm quite enjoying his pain. I watched as he tossed the pillow to his side as he stretched out making a weird yawning sound almost like a moan, weird child "shut up Liam"
"Katie"
"Katie"
"Katie" ignoring obviously doesn't work so I looked to face him "what Liam?"
"I've sat here and watched 2 hours of glee with you, I deserve and explanation to why you and Jace seem like strangers" I knew it was coming! Surprised he lasted two hours to be fair. I just simply shrugged keeping my eyes on the TV, I trust Liam don't get me wrong but I'm not one to pour all my problems on someone else, that was until he grabbed the remote shutting off the TV "explain"