Chapter 16

"MUM MUM WHERE ARE YOU?" I screamed running in the house.
"Kitchen"
"MUM" I squealed waving an envelope in her face "I got in I got" she put her mug down!
"Where honey?" I applied at 3 school so understandably she was confused.
"UAL, University of Arts London! London mum! I got in!"
"Oh my god. Katie, I am so proud of you" she hugged me trying to calm my excitement. I got in, I got into my first preference school, one I've admired most my life at school. This school made artists, it has the best teachers, number 1 ranked almost everywhere and I got accepted into fine arts there, it's like the Olympus of art schools. "Have you told the boys?" I pulled back looking down. Me and Jace have been getting along much better since doing dance lessons, 4 weeks without an argument and telling him this will put us back at square one.
"Um no not yet"
"Katie"
"Mum I will just after presentation night, please don't tell anyone"
"Okay dear but if you don't tell those boys after presentation night I will" and I know she will, mum doesn't lie about this stuff. I nodded smiling grabbing an apple running to my room. Presentation night was only a week away, it won't be hard to keep a secret.

**

"Congrats" Liam smirked.
"Um for what?"
"UAL, it was in the school newsletter, everyone who got accepted into international universities was listed. So UAL is this big art school?"
"The biggest. Wait since when do you read the school newsletter"
"I didn't mum told me" fuck. If he knows then Jace knows.
"Jace doesn't know. And we aren't telling him till after presentation night, I already spoke to his mum and she deleted the newsletter from their emails and I threw all the hard copies away that were around school" what is up with this boy "if he knows now, you won't have a dance partner" ah okay, he makes sense, but I was mostly keeping it a secret so I could enjoy the last few weeks here.

"Hey guys what's up? What ya talking about?" I miles at Jace as he approached us smiling, I grabbed my books from my locker "oh just about presentation night" I smiled, he bought our lie, I mean we were kind of talking about it so it's not completely a lie.
"Oh yeah about that, are we all on the same table?"
"I suppose so, I put my preferences in saying I wanted to be seated with you guys" Liam said.
"Same" I smiled "see you guys at practise" I walked off to art where Mrs Oliver was waiting with open arms "I am so proud" I thanked her as she gave me a tight squeeze.
(A/N mrs Oliver is based off my 2 art teachers which pretty much helped me survive year 12)
I spotted Lil and Han sitting with them "congrats girl" I thanked them shrinking into my seat, I expected the art kids to know but Jace can't know "girls keep this from Jace please, I haven't told him yet and we are only just getting on good terms again" they agreed but pretty much gave me the same lecture as Mum, which is understandable but I have to do this on my own.

"You're getting better Liam" I looked at him over Jace's shoulder, he smiled at me resulting him to trip over Claire's foot "curse you Katie" he mumbled sending me and Jace into a fit of laughter.
"So this is our last practise, have you got a dress yet?" I looked up at Jace kind of surprised.
"No I haven't, I am going tonight after school"
"Can I come. Uh you know for a second opinion?" I smiled at him feeling giddy inside.
"Yeah sure. Do you have your suit?"
"Yeah all boys have to wear the same, it's only really the girls that don't have to conform"
"Hey we are expected to wear long flowy dresses and heels whilst dancing, you got it lucky" he smirked at my complaints about being a girl "I can't even dance in heels" I mumbled.
"I will carry you around the dance floor if I must" he laughed accidents stepping on my door. This is going to to be one hell of a comedy for the parents.

"Mum I'm home" I ran into her room where she was sitting on the bed taking off her work shoes "what are you doing?" I asked her sitting on the bed.
"I know I was meant to go dress shopping but I'm knackered, plus I already have a dress I can wear, you just need one" I almost forgot she was meant to be coming.
"Oh that's alright, Jace offered to come, he asked to actually" mum laughed at my confusion, she showed me her dress and shoes and we talked about how to do her hair and all that. Parents came to presentation night and to say mum is excited would be an understatement. As she was putting her dress away and I was looking through her jewellery box as the bell rung "that'll be Jace, I'll be home later, love you"
"Love you too hun, have fun" I smile grabbing my wallet running down to the door meeting Jace.
"You ready?" I asked him and he nodded leading me to his car.