Chapter Five - Seven Minutes in Hell

Hi guys,

Sorry, I didn't have time to edit again :P

Chapter Five - Seven Minutes in Hell

Within seconds, everyone had organised themselves into a circle on the ground, sitting cross legged. I once again attempted to bolt, but Dean got a firm grip of my shoulders and pushed me to the ground. I regretted my decision to wear skinny jeans because I worked out how difficult it was to cross your legs. 

There was a huge closet for coats and hats by their staircase and I assumed that was where the torture would take place. Why didn't his mum come out and say a word? Maybe she really did have a few loose screws. Why wouldn't a mum protest about something like this?

The bottle was spun, round and round, my heart lurching with each revolution. Then it stopped.

But it didn't stop at me. My heart stopped pounding like a set of drums for a minute as Dean and Abbey - one of the cheerleaders - got up and well, entered the wardrobe-cupboard thing. The more I thought about this, the more I wanted to throw up in my mouth. 

I looked up at the clock watching the seconds and minutes tick by. Seven minutes passed by and a bright red Abbey bursted out. Hunter raised an eyebrow and Dean shrugged, before returning to his position in the circle. 

The group of cheerleaders whispered excitedly to the embarrassed-looking Abbey, and despite having something against her, I felt somewhat sorry for her. It didn't last long because the bottle stopped. At me. And Hunter.

"Whoo!" some guys cheered, clapping and making stupid noises wildly. Hunter looked over at me weirdly and I shook my head frantically. I won't say that Hunter was 'forced' into it; he didn't do it out of free will but he didn't seem to resist. Two of the guys from the football team hauled him upwards and shoved him into the cupboard.

Two girls from the cheerleading squad looked at me and my body went completely stiff. I shook my head and made every possible sign to show that I didn't want to. "No, no, no," I said frantically as they too hauled me upwards and shoved me inside.

I pushed against the cupboard, but it didn't budge; it looked like they'd either locked it or were standing right outside keeping it shut. "Hey! Hey! Open the door!" I exclaimed.

"You know, they're not going to open the door, Hunter sighed, leaning against the side of the cupboard. "We might as well get this over and done with."

"What!?" I exclaimed, suddenly becoming a little paranoid. It was worsened by the fact that there was absolutely nowhere to run. 

"Do you always have to over exaggerate?" he snapped. "When I said 'get this over and done with,' I meant, let's deal with it for seven minutes."

"Oh."

"Let's play twenty questions."

I thought about it and considered all my alternatives; there weren't any. I nodded.

"I'll start," he sighed. He paused to ponder for a moment before speaking up. "Have you had your first kiss?"

"What kind of a question is that!?" I hissed.

"Just answer the question."

"No," I admitted, my face slightly heating up and probably going red – not that he could see, it was dark after all. I swear I heard him snicker or chuckle or laugh, or something. "Um...is it my turn?"

"Yup. Fire away."

"Have you had your first kiss?"

"This isn't mimic-me," he scowled, but answered anyway. "First kiss? Let's just say there's been more than one," he laughed. I screwed up my face and my stomach churned. In movies, there were always groups of teenagers running around kissing, hugging and uh, doing stuff, but I never thought any of it was true. Obviously, I just wasn't aware of that kind of circle.

"Describe your ideal type of guy."

"That's not a question," I snapped, wanting to avoid the entire idea altogether.

"Fine. What is your ideal type of guy?"

I sighed. "Um...nice, funny, good looking? Smart? I don't know. What is your ideal type of girl?"

"She needs to be hot," he replied quickly. "A nice personality wouldn't hurt either," he added.

"You are so shallow," I murmured.

"Why? You believe in true love? Hang on a sec." He paused. "Do you believe in true love?" he reworded the question.

"Uh...that depends I guess. If you find a person you really love then I guess so, but I don't think that many people really find 'true love'. And you?"

"Do I look like I believe in true love?"

"I wouldn't know. I can't see you. We're in the dark. Remember?"

"No." There was an awkward silence for a while until Hunter cleared his throat.

"So nerdy, what do you honestly think of me?" he asked. I hesitated.

The cupboard door was being unlocked. "Now, I have to fool them into thinking we've done something weird," he muttered. He suddenly leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. "Remember to answer that question," he whispered in my ear.

The heat flushed to my cheeks and I was probably redder than a ripe tomato. I dragged my feet across the carpet and sat down where everyone started whispering and murmuring. Curses. Rumours spread like wild fire.

"So nerdy, what do you honestly think of me?" The question echoed in my mind and at some point while I was zoning out and gazing into the distance, Hunter looked at me weirdly.

For the rest of the night – thankfully – I wasn't chosen. Everyone else went up at least twice, so I guess it was safe to say fate had somewhat been on my side after the misfortune. How could I believe them so easily? I had come here to make hopefully one hundred dollars, but instead got dragged into this mess. My textbooks were trashed, I spent the night feeling like an outcast and I got...kissed on the cheek. This shouldn't count as a first kiss right? Please, no.

Everyone said their goodbyes with girls hugging and kissing each other on the cheek before leaving. How could they do that so casually? I too was on my way out when Hunter held me back. "Wait a minute," he said. I waited inside with the other three as Hunter farewelled the rest of the 'guests'.

"This wasn't exactly what you expected right?" Hunter asked, shutting the door.

"You don't say," I replied sarcastically.

"I'll pay you."

"Well then, I'll have to work out accurate charges. Four hours right? That'll be a total four hundred dollars. Change in program cost is fifty dollars and also thanks to certain awful events that have left me traumatised, I'll take an extra two hundred. All up that comes to six hundred and fifty dollars," I replied.

"What do you think I am? A bank!?" he exclaimed.

"If you can't pay, then don't ask. Also, from now on, I would greatly appreciate it if I was left alone," I scowled, heading for the door.

I had my hand on the door knob when he said, "You're just pissed because technically I was your first kiss, aren't you?"

 My cheeks burnt up again at the memory of the kiss on the cheek earlier. Screw you Hunter. I opened the door and left.