CHAPTER IX

KATHERINE EVY JONES

"KATHERINE!" Jordan shouted in my ear.

I groaned and woke up.

"I am really regretting giving spare keys of my house to you," I muttered, running a hand through my frizzy hair.

She looked at me and was about to say something but I interrupted her and said, "Yes I know I look like a demented donkey, no need to comment,"

She frowned and replied, "It's not that I needed to say,"

"Then what?"

"Do you remember the January fashion show in Paris that I was telling you about?"

"The one with all the movie starts and supermodels, one?" I guessed.

"Yes," then squealing she continued, "I got selected in it!" Then getting up, she waved her hands, jumped and shook her butt, right in my fucking face.

I grabbed her shaking butt and pushed her away from my face, "I am happy for you, but don't ever do that dance in front of me again,"

She pouted adoringly. "When are you off?" I asked her.

"Today after lunch, my flight's at two," she replied excitedly.

I nodded and smiled at her. Then getting up, I tackled her in a bear hug. She laughed and hugged me back as I whispered, "I am proud of ya,"

"I know," she replied, "I am making breakfast today,"

I nodded as she got up and leaved the room. After a few moments, her face popped on my bedroom frame and said smugly, "By the way, you look like a demented donkey,"

See? I have the best friends ever.

***

"Mmmhhh," Kyle said appreciatively as he devoured the chocolate pancakes made by Jordan. Seriously his pancake looked like a giant mountain, filled with cream and chocolate syrup. It was horrifying yet somehow tempting.  

   After Ace's unusual words last night, I hadn't been able to sleep well. Mostly I lay down and thought of all our moments together, as much as I had tried to erase them for ever, yet they are part of extremely happy moments of my life that I would never be able to abandon, even if I wanted to. 

Jordan waved her hand in front of me. I shook my head and gave her a questioning look. She asked me, "I was wondering that would you come shopping with me after we have dropped Kyle to school?"

I frowned and thought about this for a minute. Madeline is not coming to the restaurant today and I suppose her substitute, Mrs. Brent would be kind enough to let me off half time. She is an old lady and understands me perfectly, a really lovable figure.

I replied, "Yes, I guess I could have half the day off,"

She raised her hands in the air and shouted, "Wohoo! I am getting you so good clothes today..."

"Hey!" I shouted, "weren't we shopping for you?"

"We'll see," she smirked as I put my head in my hands.

***

"One last hug," she whined as Kyle backed up against the school building.

I sighed as Kyle whined back, "Jordan! You have already given me ten hugs and remember when you almost choked me at the house?"

She frowned and stared at him. He stared back until he finally broke and smiled, "One last hug?"