Chapter 14: Detect

A/n: Surprise! You thought that I was dead, didn't you? XD

***

Jak Foyl Ex Notorio---

I looked at my strikingly beautiful wife, her whole body gave off such a heavy killing intent that I could only pity my daughter.

"Go, move once for a while." She coldly said at me, haaa, my wife is still beautiful even when she's angry...

"Yea, yeas..." I used blink and teleported outside the manor-- I called my subordinates which my wife have mentioned before, we will look at the things inside the Palace... It has been a long time ever since I visited the Palace, I wonder how are our sleeping spies are doing?

Maybe,I should also start to move? But that would be way too early--

I scratched my head and just decide to carry out my wife's order.

"You two will notify the sleeping spies inside the Palace whilst I will personally visit my grandchild."

"EEeh... Master that is unfair! We also want to see our Grand Young Masters!!"

"Haa., geez you guys are way to--" I was about reprimand them when I remember that they're "Stealth Skill" have reached the 8th level... I just have to cast a slight disruption on Qi around them for insurance. Haaa, to think that someone could just go in and out in the Imperial Palace worries me to death, even if that someone is me.

"Boooh! Master!!" The two protested and made ugly faces. Where are your imposing manners as Assassin Mages?!

"I get it, I get It. Just for a second okay? After that, you guys will inform our sleeping spies."

"Yeeeeees!!" The two rejoiced and even went as far as to jump around.

***

I gasped loudly as I tried to look genuinely surprised as possible. And Luc this idiotic faeri-- I mean the revered elder, betrayed his bearings and shamelessly put on a haughty expression.

He was explaining to me the chain of events of the past 10 years of my parents relationships. As I've said before, in front of my gossiping maids there is no love affair that cannot escape their ears!

But Luc just had to pick the topic that I've heard more than a thousand times.

"Aiya, His Highness really dotes on her Highness Meartle, I heard he bestowed her highness Meartle a 7th rank core. Immediately her highness Meartle had a breakthrough, jumping into Grand Magician 3!!"

"Ah... I heard his highness is acting cold to her highness Meartle?! It must be the queens doing! How can she be so vicious?! To Think that the mother of our Empire is just this shameless and vicious...."

They provide it like that.

"Oh...." simultaneously, sounds amazement spilled on mine and Palleo's mouth.

"Hmmp, hmpp! There's nothing that I, the 7th faeri guardian doesn't know!" He bragged.

"You don't know how the Phantom Constitution works." I blatantly said, as I jumped on my bed to activate the magic circle that would summon the maids to serve us.

Ever since yesterday, all maids were forbidden to enter our room.

And our oh-so-great retainer Fang Liu installed a magic device, it connects to the maids quarters, everyone of them have this installed. So when I push the button, all of them will be alarmed. It only took seconds and someone was already knocking on the door.

***

After calling the servants in, I informed them that we are hungry so they hastily prepared our meal and carried us in the dining room.

The chef boasted about how the ingredients were extravagantly used, how could it nourish us etc.

---
The next day, Fang Liu visited us relaying a message that our dear mother won't be able to visit for a while, he didn't mention the reasons.

I doubt it was just some adult problems, yeah.

"Gaaaaaaah!!!! Mother doesn't love us anymore, Waaaaaaaah!!" Palleo threw a tantrum and clung onto me. I, who was already used to his tantrum made an eye contact with Fang Liu.

Fang Liu presented the writing materials, and I just nodded. I used Float spell and went towards FAng Liu.

Fang Liu and I did our own business as Palleo continued to cry.

I was about to reach the fountain pen, when Palleo suddenly stopped crying, and curiously looked at the fountain pen in front of him. Fang Liu just watched Palleo, as he picked up the fountain pen curiously looked at the sharp front.

Then as if he realized something, Palleo dropped down on the floor, his qi suddenly bursting out as he threw the fountain pen on Fang Liu.

A/n: Phicia was floating while Palleo was just clinging on Phicia. So Palleo just let go of his hand and landed on the floor to take the fountain pen and throw it towards Fang Liu.

""Wha--?!"" Fang Liu and I were both taken aback at Palleo's action. Fang Liu recovered his senses and dodged the fountain pen, the wall beside him which has several magic enhancement slightly produced a crisp sound, the fountain pen was broke into pieces and the ink scattered.

"....." Fang Liu was dumbstruck at Palleo's action, while I started to calculate the estimated Qi needed to do that.

Wait-- more like, when had Palleo ever learned to control his the Qi? Is this the power of Re Moztier's Bloodline? Seriously?

My face slightly distorted at the discovery. Hereditary skills should only be available on mythical creatures like Dragons!!! What are you, haaa?! Are you a goddamn dragon?! The hell?! Don' you dare to tell me that this is the advantage of the RE Moztier Bloodline!! As if it that was so, where the f* is my hereditary skills?! I had to read the manual before I could use the Qi you know?!

While I was raining curses inside my head, my ears twitched at the sudden increase of breath, no, more like I discovered a rat (spy)-- I silently looked at every corner of the room and tried to sense their exact location-- my eyes twitched as I could not feel their presence, the breath is slowly disappearing-- they calmed down their breaths and distorted it with Qi.

I poured a bit of Qi on my senses to try my luck--

*Ding* You have successfully awakened the "Detection Skill"

Oh, oh!! All hail Re Moztier bloodline, is what I'd like to say but, I cannot fullly detect them as there is a Qi that keeps blocking them, making it blurry and dreamlike. Giving out a feeling that one is just overthinking.

My brows scruched up. When did they get in? I glanced at Fang Liu who is still stunned--

'Oi, Oh great advisor, don't tell me you still don't know that there is a spy or assassin inside our room?! Tch, I guess that's why our elder brother died, huh.'

I then shifted my eyes on the table close to the window-- right there, there should be a living person standing beside that spot-- but I can't see anything. I looked at the ceiling and on the side of the door, there are actually three of them...

'Is it Illusion?' Even if they were a top class assassins they couldn't have escaped my sense! how could this be?! could I have really fallen to such a lowly level that I cannot even such a small rat?!

:A/n; Phicia dared call a Grandmaster Assassin, thief and a great general who killed 5 Emperors a small rat.

I tried to put more qi on my eyes and focus-- but after a while the breathing completely disappeared as if it never existed from the start.

"P-princess Phicia?!" while I was trying to rack my brains at how I should learn the illusion skill or how I should counter it-- Fang Liu who snapped back called my name.

"Eh-- ah, yes?" I replied, while still in daze.

"I think we need to talk?" FangLiu walked in front of me, with a complicated expression on his face.

'Fang Liu- It wasn't my fault-- ahem, it was Palleo who targeted you...'