Chapter 32

It took a lot to convince my mom not to sue Benj and his jocks friends for what happened. She was also planning to file a complaint for Belleflower for allowing the incident to happen. The effort was ridiculous, but I was able to calm her down and set things straight. In the end, I was able to convince her.

I arrived school being stared at by the other students. Recently, I've grown popular as the kid who had billions of episodes with Shay and not to mention having Kalvin Beaumont as my private tutor. I was getting unwanted attention, the kind that I never really expected to have. I hate it.

Lloyd was right behind me, guarding me for whatever he thinks might come up.

"You don't have to be so worried." I said. "You look ridiculous."

"I'm looking out for Shay. I'm not letting that douche come anymore closer to you."

"Like I said, you're being way too ridiculous than usual."

"You should really cut ties with him."

I rolled my eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that Shay has nothing to do with my black eye."

"First of all, Penny, if it wasn't for him, then you wouldn't have been involved with those dickheads in the first place. And second, if he really was there for you during the incident, then how come he wasn't able to stop that sorry excuse of a jock to throw the damn ball at you?"

I sighed, finding Lloyd completely hopeless. "Just let it go, Lloyd. Come on."

"Tell me one good reason why you can't just ditch the guy."

"He's a cool dude once you get to know him, Lloyd. A dick sometimes sure, but the guy hasn't done anything to me for me to call it quits. Lighten up."

Lloyd rolled his eyes, and when we arrived at my locker, he opened it for me despite the obvious look on his face. "I hate that guy so much."

"I know and that's why you're not friends with him. But you not being friends with him does not mean I shouldn't be friends with him too." I pointed out. "Don't be a kid."

"Hey guys!" The call was obviously from Kim. We turned to her direction and returned her greeting.

"Hey black eye." She teased.

"Don't mention the damn eye." I pressed. "'Mr. Sensitive here gets all stuffy whenever it's mentioned."

Kim's eyes rolled to Lloyd. "What a big brother you are, aren't you?"

Lloyd tsked. "I don't have to be her brother to get mad that some jock beat her up."

"I won a lot of fights back in the days." I announced.

"Oh, yeah?" A familiar voice cut in. We all turned to it; it was Shay, with a smile plastered on his face. "Tell me about it."

Lloyd's facial expression become grim. He slowly walked in front of me to block my view of Shay.

"What nerve." He told Shay.

Shay tsked in respond, obviously wasn't buying anything Lloyd would give out. "Too early for this, prick head."

"Never too early for anything."

"Okay, stop it already, you losers." I got between them before anything serious might happen. I sighed in frustration, finding this completely immature and outrageous. "You guys should really find yourselves some counseling. You two are idiots."

"Tell your boyfriend that." Shay hissed.

"He's not my boyfriend." My eyes couldn't help but roll. "Shay, just get out of here, all right?"