Newt Scamander - "You need to wake up, because I can't do this without you!"

"(Y/N)..." Newt placed his hands on your shoulders and gently he tried to shake you. Once in a while he looked at his suitcase. Both the locks were standing open and he knew what that meant. He knew all too well what that mean. "(Y/N)..." He cleared his throat. "You need to wake up, because..." He hesitated for a moment. For years he had been doing this without you, but now all of a sudden the thought of having to do this alone scared him.

The world had changed. The world had become more dangerous. More dangerous for him. And more dangerous for the creatures he desperately tried to protect.

"I can't do this without you!" He whispered and he pressed the palm of his hand to your cheek. He sighed relieved when you opened your eyes and when you noticed the time on the clock you sat up and shook your head.

"Newt..." You sighed. "You can't wake me up in the middle of the night! I'm pregnant! Remember?"

Newt scratched the back of his neck before he nodded. "Yes, yes of course I remember." He stared at his suitcase once again. "It's just..." He licked his lips. "I'm pretty sure Dougal is gone and I think probably the Niffler too..." He took a deep breath. "We need to catch them before something happens to them."

"Newt..." You hesitated. "When our child is born you can't do this anymore, you know that, do you?" You stared at him and Newt nodded. "You have to find a way to make sure your animals stay in the suitcase. What if something happens to you? Or to me? Or to the baby?"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." Newt bent his head and he thought about the animals, outside in the cruel world, surrounded by danger and people who would harm them. "Can we please go and get them? Just one more time? I promise I'll make sure it won't happen again."

Your lips curled up into a smile and eventually you nodded. "Hey, I'm with you, okay? Always." You stepped out of the bed and put on your clothes. "We'll find them. I'm sure about that."

"Thank you." Newt smiled and he carefully wrapped his arms around you. "Thank you so much."