To begin

Different Summary as promised:

"Sunshine, what guy do you know has a weird fetish with sign language?"

After one horrific night in ninth grade, Raine Winter lost her voice and became the known mute.

After one game changing event, West Love got sent to juvie and became the town's delinquent.

With the traumatizing night that stole her voice still plaguing Raine's mind, she was never able to get her voice back. She learned sign language to communicate, and her brother and closest friends learned it along with her. She became accustomed to the style and the reputation, until the towns infamous bad boy delinquent came back to school. He's cocky, mysterious, and undoubtedly sexy.

He found an interest in Raine, but not just because of her lack of a voice. He has no trouble annoying her to death with his constant smirks and flirtatious attitude, but will he have trouble making her fall for him?

Fate has a funny way of bringing people together, but it doesn't always work how it's supposed to.

- - -

As of August, 2020:

This is the edited, 2020/21/22 version of Silently Falling. Every chapter title says the date the chapter was edited. The entire story is still going under the revision process, so please be aware of that.

It will be fully edited in January of 2022.

The UNEDITED, original version is posted as a SEPARATE book on my profile.

- - -

Publishing News

This book has been published under a new title "Just A Sign." !!!! This is a French publication, so it has been fully translated and is being sold on Amazon, as well as in France. The French title is "Juste Un Signe".

I hope to have your support so that one day Silently Falling can also be published in English! Unfortunately, that is not up to me to decide when it may happen (or if it even will) so I need your continued support to make it happen! :)

I could never have done this without y'all, thank you ❤️

- - -

Copyright Policy

I don't think I have to say this, but it's always good to include: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, COPY THIS STORY. It was created by me, written by me, edited by me, and it will stay that way. If you see another story eerily similar to this, please let me know. Thankfully I haven't seen any yet, but you never know nowadays.

I'm aware of the books "Speak" and "Until Friday Night" and their similarities to this book. I did not know these books existed until after I wrote Silently Falling. I did not copy them, and I have checked them out to ensure I didn't involuntary steal those authors storylines! They have similarities, but all in all my book is still vastly different from theirs.

"Speak" is a beautiful novel that also tells the story of a girl who suffered a sexual assault from her classmate. She rarely talks, but she is not "mute" and it is not a romance.

"Until Friday Night" is about a girl who suffered a tragedy and she stopped speaking because of it. But she was NOT sexually assaulted like my character. And (this is where it gets a little embarrassing for me) the lead male is also named West.... However, the storylines are still significantly different. Silently Falling was written to dive into the life of a girl who was sexually assaulted, Until Friday Night was not. I did not steal that authors' work, and I promise I didn't steal the name "West" or the idea of the lead female being mute. It's a crazy coincidence.

- - -

Disclaimer

This needs to be said because I've been seeing it time and time again. If there's a part of the story you may not like, there's literally no need to start bashing the story for it.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but just being plain rude is completely unnecessary.

I accept people who want to help with a spelling mistake here and there, after all I was only 15 when I wrote and edited this book. There's bound to be some mistakes lol!

Also:
This book does include swearing. It does include sensitive topics, such as sexual assault, and it does dip into the teenage world of one night stands and they are often mentioned. For the innocent minded, maybe wait a year or two to read, for the rest of you... hehehehe 😈 have fun.

On a more serious note: as stated above, there will be constant mentioning of sexual assault and rape. There are flashback scenes further in the book (all italicized) that I recommend skipping if you are worried about being triggered. That's the last thing that I want to happen. There are mild instances of slut-shaming (which is pointed out in the book to be wrong). Please be wary of this and understand that any disrespectful lines are not from my own mind, but are simply for the story and the characters. (That is not a constant theme. It is only mentioned a handful of times, but I did want to mention it here).

- - -

Behind the Book:

I wrote this book to show one girl's journey through all of the losses she has faced. I want to show people who have experienced loss that you don't always have to deal with it alone. There are always people there for you, and even if you don't blatantly express your sadness- people will see and will be there to help guide you. So I hope you get a helpful message from my book :)

I am (as of 2020) a junior at Virginia Tech studying Business Marketing. I wrote Silently Falling when I was a sophomore in high school. It's crazy to see how far it has come!

Thank you and enjoy the book ;) Be sure to comment as much as you please and vote whenever you find yourself falling in love with the story. Don't be a silent reader! It makes my day reading every review you amazing people leave for me ❤️❤️

- - -