IMAGINE: Kili getting injured

Kili grabs your hand and helps you climb up onto the tree branch opposite of him. You sit on the branch and hug the tree trunk, grinning at your boyfriend.

      "This is amazing." You breathe.

     "Isn't it?" He replies as you look out at the miles of trees, hills, and mountains.

      "It looks like it goes on forever." You whisper in wonder.

     "That's the best part about climbing so high. You can see everything." Kili explains. "I love it up here." He adds.

     You reach over and grab his hand. "Thanks for bringing me up here." You say, smiling at him.

     He grins back at you and squeezes your hand. "Anytime, Y/N." He replies. You rest your hand against the trunk and sigh happily, looking back out at the horizon.

     Kili and you are up in the tree for about an hour. Once the sun starts inching down in the sky, Kili swings his legs over his branch. He stretches.

     "Well, Y/N, we should be going. I don't want to be getting back home at night. There's too many wolves." He murmurs.

     "I agree. That wouldn't be pleasant." You laugh softly. You look down and your stomach drops. You suck in a sharp breath and then look at Kili. "That's a really far drop." You state.

     "It didn't seem so bad climbing up, did it?" He asks. You shake your head and he smiles at you. "Just follow my lead and you'll be okay." He says, before starting to climb down. You bite your lip and then follow him.

      A quarter of the way down, Kili steps on a branch and looks up at you. "You all right?" He asks loudly, to be heard over the wind.

      You clutch onto the tree in a death grip. "I'm fine!" You yell back. Kili nods and is about to step off the branch when it snaps beneath his weight.

        "Kili!" You scream as he grabs on to the nearest branch—which happens to be a thin one. It starts bending beneath his weight and he looks around frantically for another branch that will hold him. The branch breaks.

      "Kili!" You scream again as he falls. He tumbles and slams into large branches. He rolls off and the cycle starts over again until his body collides with the ground.

      "No!" You gasp in horror as you see his still body at the bottom of the tree. "Kili, no!" You cry with hysteria.

     Tears blind your vision as you scale down the tree, your heart pounding quickly. You jump from the last branch and land beside Kili's body. Tears stream down your face as you gently turn him over. He has cuts over his face and his leg is bleeding badly.

      "Oh no." You sob. You put your head on his chest and hear his faint heartbeat. "Thank you." You whisper with relief, resting your forehead on his chest. You take your knapsack off and pull out your cape. You tie two of the ends together and then drag Kili onto the cape.

     "I need to get you to a healer." You mutter to him. You pick up the untied end and start dragging Kili across the grass, adrenaline coursing through your veins.

---

     The sun is down and Kili still hasn't woken up. He moaned once and then was absolutely silent. You think you're close to the healer's house but it's too hard to tell in the dark of night.

      You gently set the cape on the ground and rub your tired, sore muscles. Your tears have mostly subsided. You just can't think about Kili dying—which is nearly impossible. You're about to pick up the cape again when a howl pierces through the night sky. Your heart nearly stops.

      "No, no, no." You breathe, feeling the blood drain from your face. Your hand goes to your hip where your dagger, the only weapon you have on you, is. More howls respond to the first.

     You frantically start pulling Kili through the forest. Branches are snapping all around you, making you let out a desperate cry. Someone suddenly breaks through the forest behind you.

      "Y/N?!" Fili asks, holding up a torch.

      You whirl around and see Fili, Thorin, Dwalin, and countless of other Dwarves staring at you in shock. You choke on a relieved sob.

      "Help me." You cry, before collapsing to your knees weakly.

---

     The Dwarves lift Kili up and quickly carry him through the words. You're beside Fili as you all walk to the healer's house.

       "What happened?" Fili asks. "When Kili and you didn't come home for dinner, we were all a little worried. We waited around a bit and then decided to go out searching. Thank goodness you aren't too horribly far from home."

      "Well, Kili and I were sitting in a high tree. While we were climbing down, Kili fell." You explain, tears coming to your eyes. "I bound his leg that was bleeding and then I proceeded to drag him all the way here on that makeshift stretcher. When I heard the wolves howl, I thought we were going to die. And that's when you showed up." You finish. You look at Fili. "Thank you so much for saving us." You say.

      He throws his arm around your shoulders. "Couldn't have let you be out here all alone." He says. You smile tiredly up at him.

---

     Thirty minutes after you were saved by the Dwarves, they found the healer's home. As soon as you got there, the healer put you to bed and went to go tend to Kili.

      "Y/N!" You hear someone shouting. You try to shake the sleep away, but you just want to keep sleeping.

     "Get up, Y/N! Kili is asking for you!" Someone says, wildly shaking your shoulder. You wake up with a gasp and see Fili staring expectantly at you.

     "What?" You ask.

     "Kili's up and is asking for you!" He exclaims. You fly out of bed. "Go to him." He laughs as you're already half way out the door.

---

     You burst into the room. Kili is sitting up, looking exhausted. He smiles with relief when you walk into the room.

     "Y/N." He sighs.

     "Oh, Kili." You whisper, sitting on the side of his bed. You hold his hand and stare at him worriedly. "How are you?" You ask.

     "The healer said I have a concussion and six broken ribs. Not too mention all the scrapes, and the bruising that I'll have. I'll be pretty sore for a while. But aside from that, I'm going to live." He says.

      "Thank goodness, I was so worried." You admit.

      Kili squeezes your hand. "Y/N, if it wasn't for you, I'd probably be dying." He says.

     "If it wasn't for the Dwarves, we'd be dead." You respond, raising an eyebrow.

      Kili laughs. "I'm just really thankful in general." He tells you.

     You smile at him. "That makes two of us." You say.

      "I'm so proud of you, Y/N. Here we went out just to go on a date and then you ended up hauling me through miles of forests in the dark." He says grimly.

      "Oh shush, it's fine. As long as you're well, I'd do it over again." You reply, smiling.

     Kili smiles. "Can-can you please kiss me? It hurts to move and I really want to kiss you." He states. You chuckle and lean forward. You kiss him softly.

     "Thank you." He whispers, his hand moving up to your jaw. He kisses you deeply.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!