The Holidays Begin

(You know what I forgot to do yesterday before I left for my overnight camping trip? This...

*backs away nervously*)

The Christmas season has arrived, and the ninja insisted you stay at the monastery over your holiday break to celebrate with them. They might regret that when they realize this means they'll have to invite your brothers to Christmas dinner, though...

You're helping Zane and Nya make Christmas cookies in the kitchen while the other ninja put up decorations around the monastery. At least, you are until you hear crashes and yelling from the living room.

You and Nya share a look when you hear Jay and Kai yelling and excuse yourselves from cookie baking to go check on them. Zane tells you to go ahead since all the cookies are in the oven anyway.

Cole's voice joins the commotion as you approach the living room. It sounds like he's trying to calm everyone down. Either that or he's trying not to panic. You can faintly hear Lloyd snickering.

"Did Lloyd prank someone?" you ask Nya.

Nya shrugs. "Probably. It wouldn't be the first time." A few seconds later, Lloyd yelps and then groans.

You share a look with Nya. "He definitely pranked someone."

Any plans you might have had for dealing with the situation evaporate as soon as you and Nya step into the living room. The two of you stare at the scene in front of you for a moment, and then you double over laughing while Nya facepalms and mutters, "Boys. Really?"

"Y/n, help!" Jay yells.

"I don't—how—what—that's not even physically possible!" You would say more, but you can't breathe right now.

Jay and Kai are completely tangled up in what looks like several strings of Christmas lights. Cole and Lloyd are there too. It looks to you like Jay and Kai got stuck first, and then Cole and Lloyd tried to help them and got tangled up as well.

"Will you stop laughing and come help us?" Kai demands. "This is really uncomfortable!"

"How—how did you even get stuck like that?" you gasp once you can breathe again. "I—seriously, guys, that's not even possible."

Cole sighs. "Jay was trying to put the lights on the tree with Spinjitzu, and he tripped."

"Hey, Kai was doing it too!" Jay protests.

"Yeah, but I didn't trip, Zaptrap!"

"Guys, can we please just calm down and get ourselves loose now?" Cole sighs. "I can't figure out which string is which if you keep moving around like that!"

"I thought Lloyd pranked someone!" you laugh.

Lloyd shakes his head. "No way! Even I don't mess with Christmas decorations!" He's tugging at a string of lights that has somehow wrapped around his arm up to the elbow. On the other side of Kai and Jay, Cole has managed to tie both of his wrists together with lights. Jay and Kai are so tangled up that they look like Christmas-themed mummies, and are busy blaming each other for the mess.

You glance at Nya. "We should help them."

Nya looks over at you. "We should."

The two of you look at the ninja, who are still squabbling over whose fault it is that they're stuck and the best way to get untangled.

"Nah," you chorus, and then the two of you head back to the kitchen to enjoy hot chocolate and some freshly-baked Christmas cookies.