Chapter 14

Hey guys,

I Love all of the votes and comments which is why I wanted to put this up as soon as I had finished it, finding the time and rushing through it is worth it to hear your responses.

Sorry for any mistakes, like I said I was in a rush.

Lots of Love

XXX

Chapter 14

Adrian’s Pov

I was a fucking idiot! It was the bluntest and most honest way I could put it, repeatedly kicking myself internally at both gaining and loosing so much progress with my mate in seconds. Why did I have to react like that to her? It was my own foolish fault but I had been snapped out of my sleep when I felt someone approaching me, I was normally aware straight away if anyone entered my room and the thought that they could be a danger to my mate just wasn’t acceptable! I had instinctively reacted only for her scream of fright to snap me out of it instantly as I felt my heart clench when she quickly backed herself against the wall. It was physically painful for me to watch, the fear in her eyes making me feel nothing other than regret about my actions.

I knew that she must have been feeling the effects of the mating pull, especially since I was an alpha by blood meaning that due to my wolf being a lot more possessive over her the mating pull she felt would be a hell of a lot stronger than other mated couples. It was designed to push her towards me, to complete the mating more effectively but even my wolf wasn’t foolish enough to push the issue with her. She was timid and fragile and I knew it would break her completely if I took her in such a manner, not that I ever would even if my wolf wanted it. She was worth so much more….

But I knew to be more careful with her, a lot more than I realised but I knew we would get there in the end. She was meant for me as I was meant for her, I would protect her as she would stand by my side where she belonged!

At least I got her name though, and what a pretty name it was. Holly, it suited her I found. It was delicate and feminine which was my mate wrapped up in one. Just thinking her name made my wolf purr, a drastic change from his constant snarling and pacing which he had been like before my white wolf had come into my life. I knew she settled him, calmed him down since he was so much more relaxed now. I loved it! Hell I knew I was already falling for my angel, I only hoped she was doing the same and falling for me but I knew not to push.

I was currently sitting on the floor opposite her as we ate, my gaze taking in every detail of her delicate and soft features as she ate, tiny bit by tiny bit. I didn’t like how little she was consuming but Lisa had stated that it would take her a while before she could eat a more normal amount that I would be happy with, so I had been told to give her light foods and get plenty of fluids into her system. I planned to do just that!

“Here you go sweetheart, drink” I encouraged as I held out a glass of milk for her, remembering how Lisa had also stated that it would be best to keep with low concentrated drinks since she was recovering from starvation and not an illness. Not to mention milk was good for the bones, and from how Lisa had stated my mate was incredibly weak for a female werewolf her age I knew it was my duty as her mate to make sure she ate and drank the right foods to get her healthy again. I would not fail her!

I watched her, making sure she took it as her bony hand slowly reached out to take it. I made sure to keep my fingers away from hers but gave her a comforting smile, not wanting to freak her out but wanting her to know how happy I was in her company. And I was happy, my wolf was purring and just being near her was enough to lighten my mood to a level which I didn’t think was possible. So yes, I was more than a littler happy to be here with her.