Eleven: Bethany

Tiny bit of mild swearing. If it bothers you just use your imagination and pretend its not there. :)

Enjoy xoxox

We drove in complete silence. We had been for the past hour. Archie was giving me the silent treatment and I was also giving everyone else the silent treatment because I didn’t know who grassed me up about getting sent to isolation and there was no point in talking to Archie.

Throughout the whole journey, Aiden’s phone had vibrated sixty four times, Dylan had complained about feeling car sick four times and Kyle had asked if we were there yet twenty seven times, each time Archie would say no.

Lucas, on the other hand, hadn’t said a thing.

“Are we there yet?” Kyle whined once again from where he was sat in the boot.

“DO YOU SEE ANYWHERE TO STOP?” I screamed and turned around to look at everyone. We were in the middle of nowhere (even more so than where Archie lived) surrounded completely by trees.  

“Well I can’t see anything because Lucas’ fat head is in the way.” He said defensively.

He was lucky that Lucas had put his headphones on otherwise there would have probably been an argument.

“Actually, we are here.” Archie said and turned into a small clearing in the woods.

“Wow, way to mug me off Archie.” I mumbled and slouched down in the passenger seat.

 Archie drove slowly through the trees until we reached a small cottage that looked pretty plain and boring. It had a brown front door with a few plants outside, dead plants at that. The front window had plain brown curtains which were drawn so I couldn’t see into the house. It didn’t look like somewhere a Witch would live, where were all the voodoo dolls and the broomsticks?   

“Are you sure we’re at the right place?”

“Of course I’m sure.” Archie killed the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt. “None of you are to touch anything unless you are told to; you know how Bethany can get. Don’t be rude or speak out of turn, the only way to get Bethany to help us is to be nice to her. Understood?”

“Yes Archie,” Aiden replied “The only way to get Bethany to help us is to kiss her arse. Got it.”

“Watch your language.” Archie scowled. That was the first time I had really seen Archie tell the boys off which shocked me a little; she must be really nasty.