Chapter 21

Nora James P. O. V

The airplane tilting downwards is the only thing that reverberates in my mind like a record stuck on repeat.

I can't even think straight and the only thing holding me even somewhat grounded is Alexander's hand tightening more and more with each passing second.

The crashing of glass continues on somewhere at the back of the cabin and the lights still flicker on and off in an irregular tempo.

My waist cuts into the seatbelt as my body gets thrown forward, almost dangling out of my seat but the restraints hold me in place.

If I ever survive this, I'll have harsh red marks going around my waist from the pressure.

Just as soon as the plane tilts down, the numerous prayers I keep repeating over and over in my head flood out of my mind as I get grown back into my seat, hitting my head on the padded chair as the plane somehow immediately straightens itself out once again.

I look around in bewilderment through the haze of tears coating my eyes, and see the lights slowly starting to flicker once again for the last time before coming on for good.

The swing of the plane stops but my heart still hammers in my chest a hundred miles per hour.

"Holy fuck."

My head whips around to the owner of the voice only to come face to face with a scarlet and bewildered looking Greg.

"Fuck, that was fun."

My eyes almost drop out of my sockets as I try to steady my breathing instead of chocking on air.

Alexander groans out loud, coming muffled, as he shoves his head into his palm, shaking his head from side to side.

Even Damien seems a little worse for wear and ruffled as he clears his throat before checking his wrist watch.

"Fucking hell." Is all Alexander says as he rakes his hand through his hair.

"I'm never going on a plane again." I mutter, tightening my hand around his once more, squeezing, before letting him go.

The speaker overheard blares to life as the captains voice echoes through.

"Sorry about that Ladies and Gentleman, we were just threaded through a storm and had some minor turbulence but from here on out there will be smooth sailing."

My eyes widen at his words.

Minor turbulence my ass.

Ignoring the rest of the captains words, I gaze at Alexander who leans down and pecks me on the lips before he looks at my a still wrapped around my stomach.

He smiles crookedly as he too, in somewhat of an awkward manner I must admit, puts his own arm around my waist and baby, in a comforting one armed embrace.

********
A yawn escapes out of me once more as I raise my hand to stifle it, trudging down the hallway and opening the door leading to the small compartment next to the cabin.

I smile at the pilot who nods his head back at me, a polite smile forming on his face as well.

I only now realize, I had nearly ran out of the stuffy cabin and that the rest are probably still unbuckling themselves and getting the luggage.