[9] Tracker

to clear things up, they've known each other for about three and a half weeks c:

______________________________

  Avery Holmes

  "Get over here," Jake growled, grabbing my arm. I whimpered, my eyes wide with fear. He was drunk again, but this was one of the first few times. He had been physical with me a few times before, but each time always felt like the first.

  "Jake, please tell me what I did," I pleaded. "I didn't do anything, I swear!"

  "Shut up!" He grumbled, trying to hit me. I dove and managed to 

  "Stop." I croaked. "Jake, whatever I did, I'm sorry... I don't know what you're talking about..." I rambled, scrambling back onto my feet and backing up against the wall. I didn't want to wake our newborn baby, Aimee, so I spoke in a hushed tone.

  Jake cackled, terrifying me.

  "You're a liar!" He raged on, grabbing my flower pot and smashing it on the floor, the shards of glass going everywhere, a few hitting me. 

  "Please don't to that, it's not safe for Aimee." I started to go over to the coat closet to grab a broom and clean it up, but when I was halfway there he grabbed my arm again and stopped me in the living room.

  "This is my house! My rules!" He roared in my face. From the other room, I could hear the faint crying of our baby. Tears streamed down my face and I shook my head, but he held my face still.

  "Please, you're upsetting Aimee." I cried, my bottom lip wobbling uncontrollably.

  "Aimee doesn't even matter." He rolled his eyes, stalking over to the kitchen. I sighed, relieved that he was going to leave me be for the moment.

  Suddenly, as Jake turned back around to face me, his face twisted and contorted into someone else. I laid there, on the ground, my jaw practically hitting the floor. What a second ago was my boyfriend was now Niall.

  He stepped back once and then charged me, attacking. 

  "Niall!" I screamed. "Don't do this, don't do this.."

  I woke up in a sweat, and now instead of the living room of my old house, I was in an unfamiliar, dark room. It took me a few seconds to realize that we were in Niall's motel room, and I was safe. In the bed next to me was Aimee, still clutching onto her turtle.

  There was a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I immediately sat up and slit out of bed. I felt my forehead, I couldn't tell if I was actually sick or just sick of that crazy dream that I had. It was weird, half memory, half crazy dream.

  I looked over at Niall, who's features were calm and peaceful. I didn't want to wake him up, but I really wanted to talk to him right now. It was only the middle of the night and I was afraid that in this sleepy state of mind I might accidentally say something that I didn't want him to know.

  Like Jake, for example. I would never, ever want to tell him something about Jake. I wanted to leave him in my past.

  I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and looked at my recent messages, all that were from Jake. Should I look at them, or should I just delete them like usual?