67. You're On Drugs - Calum

Part 1/4

...
Requested by:
@alibrooke28

I would say you're a very rebellious 17 year old

Calum smokes too

*WARNINGS*
Mentions of:
• Cigarettes (if that even needs to be on here, I just figured that drugs needed some kind of warning)
...

So in this series I'm not only doing the standard illegal drugs you think of when I say, "you're on drugs." This series could also encompass tobacco, alcohol, and weed (I'm only singling it out because it's legal in some places), depending on what I pick to write on. Pretty much all of the above mentioned substances would be illegal for you to use. (So chances are you're a lawbreaker.)

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

CALUM:
You thought that of all people Calum would be the least mad when you told him you smoked. After all, he smoked too, so maybe he didn't start doing it until he was over 18, but it's really all the same thing. Technically it wasn't illegal for you to smoke cigarettes, just buy them, or have them otherwise supplied to you. But of course that didn't stop you, it just meant that you had to pester your older friends or boyfriend into buying them for you. They did so begrudgingly, they didn't want to, but you were persuasive, and addicted. You were handed a cig at a party, and you tried it. It was all downhill from there, you couldn't stop. Even after that one cigarette that made your lungs burn and left your stomach queasy you needed another. And another, and another, etcetera. But you weren't willing to tell any of your family (or the boys who you counted as older brothers anyway), in fear. You thought, or really hoped, that Calum wouldn't mind. But Michael? Luke? Ashton? You couldn't see even an indifferent attitude from them, so you tried to cover up what you were doing.

Still, your dirty little secret was becoming harder and harder to hide from your brother as you compulsively sought out cigarettes. You would become irritated and restless when you went to long. You would feel dizzy and nauseous. As much as you didn't want to admit it, you relied on cigarettes and you couldn't function without them.

Luckily you were on break or you wouldn't even be able to make it through the school day. The downside was that Calum wanted to spend time with you in long stretches. Stretches that you could barely make it through without running out for a smoke.

You didn't know how your brother didn't need them more. You craved them with every fiber of your being. More and more. You couldn't control it because it was controlling you.

"Y/N! COME DOWN AND WATCH A MOVIE WITH ME!" Your brother yelled from down the stairs.

You panicked, you were literally just about to crack open a window to smoke. You could feel the shakiness setting into your palms, and the churning of your stomach. You couldn't go down there.

"YEAH! COME ONY/N!" Ashton yelled.

Somehow things got worse. Ashton was probably one of the most overprotective people you knew. Smoking was going to set him off.

"COMING!" You yelled, trying to muster up some happiness as you walked down to the living room. You had on a hoodie large enough to conceal your shaking, and you hoped they would just associate your paleness with sleep deprivation.

When you turned the corner to enter the room, you were met with not one, but four boys. The whole crew was there.

"Hey Y/N!" Michael patted the spot next to him.