Chapter TWELVE

Chapter TWELVE

__________________

A growl could be heard echoing around my house as Tommy stormed into my room, shaking. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I sat up, my eyes still filled with the tears that I had to let out. Colin came in behind Tommy staring at me with concern.

"Why wouldn't you tell me that he was back and stalking you?" He asked, his voice rough and not his own. "Katrina." He warned stepping closer to me.

"Hey." Colin stepped in front of me, protecting me from the angry half wolf in front of me. "Tommy, you're too close."

Sliding off the bed I stepped behind Colin, gripping his shirt for comfort. "I'm going to kill him." Tommy growled sending me a glare before he was running out the door and down the stairs.

A second later I was pushing past Colin and running after my brother. "Tommy, no!" I shouted as I saw him shift into his black wolf and dart into the forest. "No!" I shrieked chasing after him.

Colin grabbed my arm before I could even make it a step into the wooded area, "Let him blow off some steam. He won't kill your friend." He muttered sadly.

I blinked. He thought I was trying to protect Shane? Hell no, Tommy was my little brother, I didn't want him to get hurt, I didn't want him to get killed.

"I could careless about Shane." I told him angrily, "If he finds Tommy alone.." I trailed off.

"I'm on it." Colin started for the forest and my heart ached painfully in my chest. I can't imagine Colin getting hurt either, painful images flashed across my mind and I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Colin." My voice broke slightly as the pictures grew gruesome.

He gave me a crooked smile of reassurance, "Go inside, I'll bring Tommy home safe." And then he leaned down and kissed my cheek. My skin burned brightly while my face tingled where his lips had just been. I saw his breathtaking smile for a second before he was taking off into the woods.

I made my way back to the house, my hand still tracing the tingling on my cheek. "Kat?" Chris asked when I was on the porch, I looked around at him. My mind was a hazy and I'm sure my eyes were a little unfocused, which he noticed. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Chris grabbed my arm and led me into the house, pulling me into the living room he made me sit on the couch. "Are you alright? What's wrong?"

"He's back." I whispered in a defeated voice. "He's back and Tommy's out there, he went after him!"

Chris growled and jumped off the couch next to me. "You stay here." He hissed running out of the room and outside. I felt myself shake with fear of being alone. Now that I know that he's found me I've been a little off. I don't like knowing that he is so close.

Making my way upstairs I felt my hand tremble as it continued the touching of my cheek, the feeling was still there even if it was only a distant echo of before. I hoped helplessly that Colin wouldn't get hurt, that none of them would get hurt.

I was pacing my room when I heard the front door open. Running down the stairs I stopped midway down and smiled. Tommy and Chris came in, untouched. "Tommy!" I cried and jumped into his arms, "You scared me! Please don't do that again."

Chris laughed, "No love for the Elder brother."

"Chris!" I flung my arms around him.

"You're over reacting Kat." Tommy rolled his eyes but he was still agitated, they both were Chris was just better at hiding it from me.