Chapter 31: Spring Meadow

I awoke to a terrible headache and I felt like vomiting. It's been so many months since I last drunk myself out.

"W-water..." My throat was dry and I struggled to call for someone.

"Princess Hara, you're awake!" Areum and Rin walked towards me in a hurry as they prepared a bowl of water for me to drink.

"My head hurts..." I sat in a rolled up position and held on to my head.

Suddenly, both of them covered their faces with their sleeves as they chuckled among themselves.

I looked at them weirdly as I rub my temples.

What's wrong with them? I don't have any bedhair do I?

Suddenly a thought came to me and I started to panic. D-did something happen last night?

My eyes grew wider and I covered my mouth to stop myself from gasping only to be greeted with another pang of pain from my head.

"Yesterday night you had supper together with Prince Wang Yo. It's been so long since he invited you to dinner. We are so happy for you Princess Hara!" Rin grins brightly as she squeezes the water from the wet towel in to the basin.

"Yes. Perhaps this is a good chance for you to bear a heir for Prince Wang Yo!" Areum added in excitement.

"W-what?! Bear a heir?! How could I possibly?" Their statement astounded me and I shouted.

"What do you mean Princess Hara? Isn't that the reason why Prince Wang Yo asked you out on a date? With all the rough happenings recently, I believe Prince Wang Yo wanted to calm your heart and settle down with you." Areum explained.

"That's right. I can't wait to have a little master to serve!" Rin has already floated off into her far away fantasy.

Both of them are not listening to me... How could I do...do...sex... with Prince Wang Yo...? If I ever get pregnant, I'll be stuck here until I die!

Just at that moment, the mighty prince walked into my tent and the servants quickly bowed and stepped out to give us private time.

"Good afternoon, I hope you've already freshen up from all the wine you drank last night." He started.

Ugh... He doesn't need to remind me I drank too much till I overslept...

I stared at him cautiously to see if there was any difference or signs on his face about what could've happened last night.

"Last night you were horrendous. I've never seen a woman getting herself all drunk and crazy in front of a man. What more waving her arms in the air like an insane woman." And there I got my answer that I was fretting about just now.

Damn him!

"Y-You don't have to phrase it like that... Clearly it's not that bad..." I coughed to cover up my embarrassment.

"It was. You were shouting and yelling. I was utterly disgraced by you in front of all the servants. What more you were sprouting about how you time travelled here and that this...'Seoul' place doesn't have any monarchy."

I gasped aloud. You spilled out the beans you idiot! That's why you never get drunk in front of a man! What more a prince!

"Clearly those unhealthy novels you've spent reading were not good for your brain." He spats as he picked up a hairpin from the dresser and examines it.

N-novels?

"Ah... You're right! I should stop reading those novels soon! Hahahahaha!" I laughed in relief as he didn't take it to heart for what I said.