Chapter 24

The barbecue was great. Ryan cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs to perfection while Emma, Adam and me prepared the wooden table. It was like a picnic table which was kind of cute actually.

It was the best birthday celebration I've ever had. We had music, we were laughing and just having fun. Emma had a brownie mix and she and Ryan were in the kitchen making a brownie cake for me. Or trying.

I can hear Emma from the backyard telling Ryan that the oven needs to be preheated while Ryan tells her that they don't need to preheat anything.

I was in the backyard leaning against the wall that separates the house from the backyard taking a sip from my Coca-Cola, facing the backyard. Adam was inside washing the dishes and making sure that Emma and Ryan didn't kill each other.

After a while I went back inside and into the kitchen to see three confused faces looking at the back of the brownie cake mix box. "Everything ok here?" I asked chuckling.

"Well, we baked it..." Adam said. "... It just doesn't look right." Emma finished. "I think we burned it." Ryan said, Emma hit Ryan's shoulder and gave him a scowl.

"Did not!" Emma said. "It just looks a little weird." I went to their side and found out that it indeed was burned. After everyone saying their apologies and me reassuring them that it was ok that it was still the best birthday that I've ever had we decided to call it a night.

We said our goodbyes and me and Adam headed out to the car. Adam opened my car door and I hoped inside. "So, did you have fun?" Adam asked while intertwining his fingers with mine.

"You have no idea." I say as a wide smile appears on my face. He looks at me for a moment and a small smile appears on his face too. "I'm glad." He says squeezing my hand.

Adam took a turn to go inside the woods when suddenly the car made a 'Pop!' sound and the car broke down. It was dark outside so we couldn't really see anything without the headlights. I started panicking when Adam tried to start the car again but couldn't.

"What the hell?" I said. I stared at Adam as he let go of the keys and looked at me, fear visible in his eyes. Suddenly, all the tires were deflating so you could imagine how close I was to shitting my pants.

"Ok, um," Adam said trying to calm himself. "Let's just leave the car here and we'll walk to the pack house." He said.

My eyes widen as he said that. "You want us to walk out there," I said pointing to the dark woods, "and walk to the pack house?" I said. I started to shake my head imagining what would happen if we were to walk to the pack house.

"Uh-uh, nope, no, no way jose." I said crossing my arms. "Riley, we'll shift into our wolves and we'll be in the pack in no time." He said, he was confident about this but I could still sense a hint of fear in his voice.

I looked at him and said ok, we couldn't just sit here and wait for someone to show up and there's not much signal in here to call someone and tell them 'Hey, we're stuck in the woods and we're pretty sure that someone deflated our tires so it would be grand if you could come get us' so it was our only chance to shift into our wolves to make it to the pack.

We get out of the car and suddenly this cold breeze basically slapped us in the face and that's when we noticed we had no idea where we were. The road that was suppose to take us to pack house wasn't there, it was as if we were on another part of the woods and we didn't even notice it.

I heard a twig snap and turned around so fast I'm pretty sure I did a 360 turn before actually looking in the direction from where I heard the sound. "What was that?" I said looking in all possible directions, paranoia filling my body. "Ok, ok" I started shaking my head, "let's get the hell out of here before something happens."

I looked at Adam and saw how tense he was. He was so white I was surprised he was still standing. He looked in my direction and he nodded his head. I saw as his muscles flexed, his bones cracked, soon gray fur was starting to appear into his whole body and I saw up close his wolf.

His green eyes were staring right not mine and I found myself hypnotized by them. His wolf was so beautiful, he got closer to me and pushed me slightly, signaling me to change into my wolf form.

"Ok, ok," I said chuckling, "don't get so pushy." I say a smile appearing on my face. He sat down staring at me and I  started chuckling again.

I felt my bones starting to crack and my muscles flexing. I hadn't changed into my wolf form in and boy did it feel good. My fur was white and my eyes were blue. It was then I realized that this was the first time our wolves had actually met.

Just has we were about to start running a wolf howled. Adam and I made a run for it. We ran as fast as we could looking for the pack house, a few hours had passed when we had to stop to catch our breaths.

We changed back into our human forms and sat down breathing heavily. Just as I was about to say something the same wolf howled but this time it was closer to where we were. I tried to slow down my heartbeat but I was so scared that I was shaking.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. We're gonna get back to pack house." Adam said, cupping my face with his hands, his beautiful eyes staring into mine.

I nodded and closed my eyes leaning against the tree. Then I heard it. That same voice that made shivers run up my spine and not the good kind.

"Oh, Riley." He said in a singsong voice. My eyes were open in less than a second and my heartbeat went faster than it did before.

Kevin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I'm alive. Yes, I'm going to continue the book. YES, IM FINALLY BACK.

I'm so sorry to make u guys wait a year (I think it's been a year and if not it sure feels that way) I've been soooo busy with school and outside of school I've been busy too.

I hope u guys like this chapter, juicy stuff coming. J u i c y  s t u f f.

Hit follow so u know when I update, comment so I can read them and fangirl with u. See u guys on the next chapter! Love uuuu