4 - VISIONS

Words that are italicized are from someone's short point of view. 

~Enjoy

———

"What do you want, master?" 

He gestures me to step closer. 

"Continue doing the task I gave you. If you succeed, you can have everything you want, even my power." 

I quickly nodded as I journey outside the cave we have stayed on for a long time now. 

It's about time.

❇ ❇ ❇ 

"RUN (Y/N) RUN!"

[the sound of the gun pierced through your ears as you tumbled down the hill.]

"MOM!"

[You woke up from the shore and remembered everything, even the chase you were involved in and the outsiders that killed your parents. You ventured to the north where you found an uncanny island.]

[You followed the trace of the lost snow on the ground as you searched for its origin. A tall ice castle towered your tiny figure. Cotton candy trees, gingerbread houses, and a kingdom of sweet treats filled your perspective.]

[There was a huge silence in the kingdom but as you stepped closer, you heard slow footsteps coming your way.]

"Look who finally showed up."

A stern voice echoed inside your head and only half of its pink figure flashed in your mind.

YOUR POV

I followed Princess Bubblegum to the hallway along with the boys. Finn brought me to the clinic after I fell on my knees from a sudden headache yesterday. I hit my head during a day of strolling and meeting new people. That's when I realized I slept in the clinic for the meantime.

I started envisioning a scene of me and my past. Reluctantly, I told them about this strange dream I had when I was commissioned for overnight bed rest at the kingdom's infirmary.

I had to leave when Finn told me that I should stay with them for a moment to fully recover. I gladly accepted his offer, knowing that it's also a good idea for me to be with them at all times.

Finn and Jake's constant blabbering gave me a hard time to talk behind Bubblegum's chaperone who also worked in the kingdom's clinic.

I followed them towards the exit of the kingdom but there was something—someone—interrupting me.

The windowpane flashed a shadow. A silhouette of a stranger stood outside the window. Its gleaming eyes stared at me. It was a little tempting but surely it felt scary and weird.

When we reached the field outside the kingdom, Princess Bubblegum talked to Finn. I sat on a bench nearby and glanced by my shoulder only to witness the strange figure from the kingdom.

I stood up and followed the corner where it hid.

"Hello?" it didn't respond.

I scuffed beside the wall of the kingdom then paused, "Hello?"

Nothing. 

"Y/n?"

I slightly jumped. "Oh, sorry to scare. We should probably go now." After Finn tapped my shoulder, I saw a stranger in the corner of my eye. When I gazed back at the silhouette, it's gone.

Strange.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Finn also scanned the place where I was looking at. He glanced back at me with furrowed brows and questioned my worrisome look.

"Yeah...I'm fine. Just a little sleepy is all."

I definitely was hallucinating, probably because of that medicine that the princess injected in me before.

I should sleep this off.

---

"Who are you?" Finn slightly slammed the door. The tiny robot waddled on the wooden floor. "I'm Y/n. And you are?" I crouched down, in front of him, but he quickly positioned himself in a karate stance.

"Woah, I ain't gonna hurt you." I surrendered my hands but I was interrogated by the tiny robot with a stern look. 

"What were you doing with Finn and Jake? Did you let them enter our house to steal it?"

"BMO, she's not a bad guy. She's our guest." Jake spoke, making BMO's eyes widen.

"Oh, I get it!" he snapped his fingers, "It's Finn's girlfriend!"

Now it got even worst.

"Uh," Finn looked at us blankly as I look away and explained the real reason why I entered their house. "It's not that. I need a home because..." 

Then I remembered my dream.

"There are people who wanted to hurt me."

The robot gasped then a frown replaced his screen. "Oh no! Finn, Jake, and BMO will protect you from those bad guys," he grumbled.

He did another fighting stance, imitating the moves and sounds of kicking and punching someone. When the robot finally settled down and met my gaze, he went back to his bubbly personality then continued welcoming me to their domain.

"Anyway, I'm BMO," BMO smiled at me then stretched out a hand for a handshake.

We slouched on the couch where Finn and Jake are sitting. BMO served us snacks and drinks. I took the cookies and the juice from the tray then conversed with them until I felt the need to rest.

NARRATION

"Bonnie, look." Marceline pointed at the ground of the same footprints they were investigating. Princess Bubblegum, on the other hand, searched for another trail before comparing a photo on her phone.

"We need to find her right away. She's back at it again."

"But how?" The vampire queen switched the flashlight off while her companion texted her butler an urgent message. "I'm not sure yet, but if we make the first move this time, we can outrun her."

❇ ❇ ❇

"The human boy is the key to my wishes."

That is what my master tells me.

I have to find that human to grant my master's wish so I can finally take down the Outsiders back where I came from.

And finally, bring back my family.

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited