Chapter Twenty Nine

"Do you think she'll wake up soon?"

"I could not say. You all have permission from the head of your houses?"

"Yes, Slughorn said it was fine for us to be here."

"No, I didn't, but it's fine, she's my girlfriend, I have to be here."

"I sincerely apologize, Mr. Corrington, but due to the circumstances, you can't be here unless you have permission."

Elizabeth vaguely heard the conversation, but couldn't open her eyes. She remembered what happened, recalling the memories of Tom hitting her against the wall, her falling, and him leaving her. This was the second time it had happened.

She knew the owners of the voices that were in the room with her. Joshua, Walburga, Matilda, and Melissa. "You said this wasn't the first time this had happened?" Joshua asked.

"No, there are signs of previous trauma. It's a stretch, but it seems intentional. We may have to call a few aurors, to ask her questions," a female voice said.

"You don't think that Grindelwald did this, do you?" Matilda asked.

There was a pause. "We just have to be careful," the voice said.

Elizabeth tried her hardest to move, but couldn't. She wanted to let them know she could hear them, but she felt paralyzed. She knew she wasn't, perhaps she was experiencing sleep paralysis. After a moment, she felt her eyes opening. The light streamed in and made her squint.

"Oh Merlin, Beth we thought you wouldn't wake," Matilda rushed over and held her hand. Her eyes lit up as if Elizabeth waking was the only joy she'd ever felt. "How are you feeling?"

"Don't rush her into speaking, she may still be a little groggy," the woman said.

Elizabeth rubbed her eye, "I feel okay, I think I can go back to my dormitory if it's alright."

"I know I don't know how you truly feel, but you have to stay here, just so that we can keep an eye on you," the woman told her. Elizabeth assumed her to be the matron.

"Can I know what happened?" Elizabeth asked them.

They all looked between each other and Joshua cleared his throat, "Well, you hadn't arrived by the time I expected you to, so I went looking for you. I was walking and I saw your shoes, the black heeled ones with the buckles that I remembered. I followed down that corridor and I saw water coming from the loo. I went in and saw you laying there with blood coming out of your head, the water had almost submerged you completely. Your mouth and nose were the only parts of you above the water. I brought you here." Joshua wiped a tear and whispered, "I thought you were dead."

"Do you know how this happened?" Elizabeth asked, hoping that they wouldn't.

"There was blood on the wall," Melissa told her.

"We told Dippet and he thinks that perhaps while you were in there, Grindelwald may have attempted to kill you, but you tried to fight him off. Does that sound familiar? Do you remember anything?" the nurse asked.

Elizabeth knew that Grindelwald probably wasn't even in the area. It was all Tom. She couldn't tell them. If she told, he would kill all of them. "I- I don't remember anything, I'm sorry," she began crying because of how much she wanted to tell them. All of the danger and anxiety could have gone from the school, but she couldn't tell them.

The nurse looked at her skeptically, "I will call Dippet down as well as Dumbledore, he seems to know what to do."

"Alright," Elizabeth nodded.